Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cystocele  (Read 2420 times)

Scottishgirl

Cystocele
« on: March 12, 2018, 09:14:16 PM »

Hi again everyone. I have had hysterectomy 2007, and prolapse surgery  for rectocele  the hysterectomy failed to fix in 2015. I had acute diverticulitis in November last year, which in my opinion affects everything in the pelvic area, not just the bowel. I've now definately got a  cystocele. I can see and feel my bladder. It is very low and bulging.  My question to everyone is, did any of you have back pain with severe cystocele? That's what I'm experiencing, but have read it shouldn't cause this. So I'm asking the experts, the ladies on this forum! I will see my dr about it next week.

groundhog

Re: Cystocele
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »

Hi scottishgirl,
I have no experience of cystocele I'm sorry.
I also had hysterecomy which caused a fistula, not the same obviously but I can sympathise completely with you.   Hsyterectomy is NOT always straightforward and I bitterly regret ever having mine!
Hope someone with experiencene of your condition comes along soon x

Scottishgirl

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:14:29 AM »

Hi groundhog. Funny you should bring that up, when I go to doc I am going to ask about fistula, because I have had some strange symptoms as well as the backache. Pus leakage from back passage ( sorry for the graphic info) a few weeks ago thatt local doc said he thought was a fissure, but I don't think it is. I have been feeling lousy and just put backache down to cystocele, but I'm really not sure now, considering I've had hysterectomy, prolapse surgery, ( and I agree with you , I regret them now) and now diverticulitis, a am a good candidate for fistula. Could you tell me how you found out, symptoms etc. ? Thanks so much .

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »

Hi Scottishgirl,
May have to do a quick reply now as  have my 2 year old grandaughter here!
Mine was obvious as my bowel perforated just after my hysterecomy,  I nearly died and was in hospital for 3 months,  the story is on thread ‘update on groundhogs op' but it's about 200 page long and quite depressing!
My fistula comes out on my abdominal wall like a small hole, I have to wear a bag over it.  The mystery is why it doesn't heal when I'm otherwise reasonable healthy . The fistula itself makes me feel frequently unwell though, with chills and infections. 
I'm happy to talk this through with you either here or privately, up to you.
Chances are though yours isn't a fistula so maybe best not to go there until you know,
Happy to help though in any way I can x
It's isolating feeling unwell and no one gets how horrible you feel x

Scottishgirl

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 11:52:41 AM »

Thanks for quick reply groundhog. You poor thing. What a dreadful experience. I may be jumping the gun but I'm pressing for more tests cause I have been feeling so lousy. I may speak to you privately about this when I find out what is going on with me and we both have more time ! Lol. Thank you .

groundhog

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »

Yes ok no problem scottishgirl xx

All the best x