Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: sore throats and menopause!  (Read 1553 times)

Noheroicsplease

sore throats and menopause!
« on: March 12, 2018, 06:43:17 AM »

I know my oestrogen levels are at all time low. I've had a sore throat on and off almost all winter. and a cold. Sometimes as if I'm on the verge of a flu breakout. My joints ache too.

My question is - is this hormone related? I start to worry that I've got some cancer lurking (I was a smoker for years) but I suddenly realised yesterday, after feeling crappy again, that perhaps it is yet another delightful meno symptom!

Daisydot

Re: sore throats and menopause!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »

Good morning.I think it's more of a winter syndrome than anything sinister going on,we are stuck in more with the various forms of heating on and because we already have dry eye dry sinus etc thanks to menopause,this is exasperated with the dry heat so it's a vicious circle.I do try and open my windows to air the house daily but it's not so easy when the snows falling in 😁.try some honey and lemon n warm water first thing in the morning and go a walk daily if your up to it and it'll soon be spring and this winter will just be a memory.good luck xx

Lalb1

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:57:41 PM »

I get a sore throat nearly every month the week before my periods due. I get a croaky voice and wheezy chest, this happens thru all seasons. Feels like allergy symptoms on a monthly basis.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »

My throat goes a bit strange on the Utrogestan phase and I think others on here have said the same.