Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston  (Read 2240 times)

Pat2121

Femoston
« on: March 09, 2018, 10:21:41 PM »

Hi, I'm on day 9 of Femoston 1/5mg conti. My breasts are quite sore and I wanted to ask how long does this usually last? Would like to know others experience of Femoston please.  :)

Hurdity

Re: Femoston
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:05:25 PM »

Hi Pat2121

Sorry I have no experience of Femoston - it tends to be quiet on the forum at weekends..... however many women find that the initial hit of oestrogen does cause breast tenderness just like in early pregnancy - but this does usually settle. It is early days for you so hang in there and hopefully this symptom will subside soon. I hope the HRT is suiting you otherwise?

Hurdity x

Pat2121

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:48:15 PM »

Thank you for your reply Hurdity. So far so good .. I found a great GP at my Surgery who completely understood my problems and told me I needed HRT (a rarity somewhat these days) .. He said to try it for a couple of months and if it doesn't suit me then he will prescribe another one. Fingers crossed :)

anncjones

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »

Hi I moved from another higher dose HRT to this a month ago and while my breasts are still sore/tender I think less so. Unfortunately it's a known side effect of the tablets but I'm hoping it will pass too
Good luck
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 02:32:47 PM by anncjones »

Pat2121

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 02:56:02 PM »

Thank you anncjones. I'm sure it will subside in it's own good time :)

pricey

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 08:07:37 PM »

Hi there,
I had terribly sore breasts for about three weeks.  I then developed a lot of spotting.  You can look back through my posts! The second month my sore breasts returned about 5 days before another proper bleed started. (My own cycle seemed to be running along in the background to the spotting!) At the 12 week mark I had had enough of the spotting and bleeding despite feeling good in myself. Just after making the appointment the spotting stopped.  My GP suggested sticking with it a while longer but I could ring up at any point to swap to Femoston 1/10 Sequi if the bleeding returned. Well, I went 32 days then had a 5 day period.  Some breast tenderness prior to this ( normal premenstrual type). I am now into month 5 and on day 27. I have had some mild tenderness and a migraine yesterday so am anticipating a bleed.  Yes, I know this is Conti and I shouldn't have bleeds but it feels like real progress!  Prior to this I was on Elleste Duet 1mg for 2 years and had regular monthly bleeds but 2 weeks of headaches on the progestogen part.  This one seems to suit me better.  Prior to HRT I was having cycles of 17, 21, 23, 28. all over the place. My GP did say the normal cycle often kicks in hence the sore breasts and bleeds.  I asked her whether the Conti HRT would eventually ooverride my cycle even if I wasn't ready to go through menopause (no idea where I am at 53). She said she honestly didn't know because in her experience most women with frequent bleeding stop the Conti at around the 3 month mark so she would be interested to see what happens with me!
Stick with it for now. The awful breast pain and nipple tenderness should ease!
Xx

Pat2121

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »

Hi Pricey, thanks so much for the info :) I will persevere with it.. HRT is a bit of a minefield isn't it! I'm so glad I found a GP who sympathetic. At least I know if this doesn't suit me then he will change me another one. I've been hearing good things about Premique low dose.