Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Practice managers  (Read 1342 times)

Daisydot

Practice managers
« on: March 10, 2018, 09:57:30 PM »

Hi ladies does anyone have any experience or knowledge of enlisting their practice managers help when they feel they're getting nowhere with their gps.? Just how much clout/ influence do these people actually have and is there any point in my going down that route,advice welcome xx

elsie001

Re: Practice managers
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 01:21:53 PM »

Hi Daisydot - I work in our local GP practice as a receptionist and can only go by how things are done there.  If it's a complaint of any kind, we have forms that patients complete, then a thorough investigation is carried out.  Likewise, with advice. Our Practice Manager does have a lot of influence.

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 01:30:14 PM »

Hi Elsie thank you so much that's a weight off me.Ive got the letter all ready I'm not really complaining just asking for her help in maybe chatting to gp to see if we can resolve some issues as she very anti hrt for over 60s and also if not recommend a more menopause friendly gp in the practice.I don't think I'm being unreasonable,well I hope not lol.thanks again much appreciated just having someone to bounce off xx

elsie001

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 03:22:45 PM »

Sorry to hear about your GP, Daisydot.  Good luck - sounds like she needs updating! xx

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »

I think she's a lost cause Elsie the private consultant has tried as well but she seems to think she knows better.x

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 11:13:27 PM »

Hi Daisydot

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the GP. From personal experience although nothing to do with menopause/HRT etc our practice manager appears to have a lot of influence.

Hoping it all works out for you and you get some help. Do you let us know how you get on.

Love Lanzalover x

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 11:51:30 PM »

Thank you LL she seems to be quite nice so fingers crossed it's so disheartening when you think your moving forward then gp puts the boot in because it's not what they want what they don't realise is it doesn't matter what they want it's our choice,so much for all this crap about taking responsibility for your own health when they block you at every opportunity but can't justify why. Rant over 😂