Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: The glue on skin from Evoret patches  (Read 3585 times)

Noheroicsplease

The glue on skin from Evoret patches
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:55:08 AM »

hi

I've switched to patches...but can't seem to get the glue off my skin when I change patch. I've tried oil. Any thoughts?

Woodlands

Re: The glue on skin from Evoret patches
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »

Tiny amount of nail varnish remover then wash thoroughly will see it come off.
Woodlands x

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:47:46 AM »

I used to lift up a corner of the patch then massage baby oil under it and gradually it loosened it up for removal but your right it's not an easy process they used to really hurt me so I changed to transdermal gel oesrtrogel,good luck xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »

Yes I wait 12 hours ( in case there is amy hormone from the glue still going into my skin!) and then put baby oil on. Important thing is to leave the baby oil to soak for a few minutes then you can more or less wipe it off or with a little light rubbing. For years actually I didn't bother removing them but they tend to stick around (!) for quite a while if you don't have a go at them now and again. Also depends on your relationship too probably ( been with same man for umpteen years so I'm past caring about the odd plastermark on my butt ::) !!). Important also to make sure all traces of oil have been removed before next application to that area - otherwise absorption will be reduced.

Hurdity x

Js

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »

Hi

That is one good thing about evorel patches they are good stickers but I bath when I am due to change patch so I remove  the patch bathe and then the glue comes off when I rub with a towel not good to keep the old glue on as it can become red and itchy ,baby oil as mentioned earlier is good if the patch area becomes sore and red sudocreme is good to soothe it

Js

racjen

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 10:41:29 PM »

YEs I too soak in the bath and then very gently rub them off with an old toothbrush!

Aileenf

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »

I use baby oil do leave it to soak for five minutes or so before I go for a shower and then use a face cloth to rub off.

JaneinPen

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »

Hi ladies,  I regularly use anaesthetic patches on my neck for advanced osteoarthritis and when I take it off I put tea tree oil on the area to try and avoid soreness.  I do appreciate that perhaps the stickiness of these patches isn't as strong as the ones you use but it might be worth trying. 

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:15:37 AM »

Oily make up remover works a treat x

JaneinPen

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 08:44:27 PM »

Aloe Vera gel from H & B works very well too and doesn't need wiping off

Joesmum

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 02:58:39 AM »

Purchase ZOFF from amazon. They were recommended to me by my doctor. They're little medical alcohol wipes and work really well. I've used them for a few years now.

Optimist

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »

I always took mine off in the shower/bath. Gently rubbed with shower gel, seemed to remove the glue x

heidif67

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 09:43:34 AM »

Shower gel with a flannel and any left-over residue with a dab of eye make-up remover works for me :)