Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Side effects of Ovestin HELP  (Read 9242 times)

victoriafc

Side effects of Ovestin HELP
« on: March 06, 2018, 11:45:51 AM »

Hello,
I have been a week now using Ovestin cream for Vigina dryness. At first there was no side effects but now I feel out of breath, sore breast, and very tender swollen stomach. Can this be side effects? Should i go to my doctor or will it pass??

Dancinggirl

Re: Side effects of Ovestin HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 12:15:58 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
The dose of Ovestin is so low that it is highly unlikely to be causing these symptoms.  Where are you in your menopause journey?  When did your periods stop?
If your stomach is tender swollen then this shoould probably be checked as it could be a lower bowel problem. DG x

victoriafc

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 12:25:30 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl,

Thanks for the response. I am in the menopause and have not had any periods for over three years I have hot flushes at night but they don't really persist for long. This has felt more like the time before you period and like flue symptoms that came in very quick. I will check with my doctor but just wondered if oestrogen no matter how low the dose could have initial side effects.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 05:06:40 PM »

So little is absorbed systemically I would be surprised you had such a big response. I assume you are doing the 2 week daily load, before moving to 2-3 times per week,  so there might be a bit more of a reaction as this stage, but I wouldn't worry, if things don't settle over the next couple of weeks then pop to the GP. DG x

victoriafc

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »

Hello All,

Just think it is worth informing others in this forum of personal experiences as it can be so difficult to get all the information in other means.

I had a reaction to Ovestin the oestrogen only cream which is applied externally.
It was quite sever and my doctor told me to stop using it.
Since I stopped the symptoms have stopped and I am feeling much better. I had very sore and sensitive breast, stomach cramps and tenderness also bloating and flue like symptoms like achy body and mild temperature. I think I am particularly sensitive to hormones and this was after two weeks of applying the cream every night. It is a rare reaction but always worth to let others know in case.