Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: some advice please  (Read 1111 times)

daisie

some advice please
« on: March 08, 2018, 01:09:13 PM »

hi .just need some advice on the evorel 50 patch estrogen only..im onto my 2nd patch ,,only thing im getting at moment is a feeling of nausea and a some kind of feeling in the head like iv been drinking.you know that what you get when the drink hits you and you start to feel sick when you have had too much (.i used to drink but stopped some years ago .)could it be the dosage is too high or should i cut the patch in half it does tend to wear off after a while then comes back again any ideas would be apreciated x daisie

Dancinggirl

Re: some advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 02:12:25 PM »

Hi daisy - It you are starting from a very low oestrogen level (I assume you have had a hystestomy?), then the hit of oestrogen can give some side effects at first.  This should settle and the 50 patches are a normal dose. Expect your breasts to get a bit tender and your ‘lady bits' may tingle - this is your body ‘waking up' and adjusting to the hormones.
Try eating small amounts often, avoid caffeine and drink enough water. It will get better but if in a few weeks things aren't improving, you may wish to change to Oestrogel as this is applied daily, you have more control over dosage and this can be more consistent.   DG x

daisie

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 02:30:39 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl. .thanks for reply  i will give it longer I have been deficient in homones for some time now yes I had hysterectomy and ovaries removed over 2 years ago I'll just have to be a little patient now I'm expecting a miracle Cure I think  do you know what kind of estrogen is in the evoral x daisie

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 04:55:23 PM »

Most HRTs have bio identical oestrogen these days - they are phasing out the older equine oestrogen types. You are on bio identical, so it's a natural supplement for your body.  BE patient - I bet in 3-4 weeks time you will being feeling the benefits.  Dg x   

daisie

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 07:50:56 AM »

thanks for your replys dancinggirl iv got my fingers crossed and hoping the patch does its work on me glad to know its biodentical ill keep you posted x daisie