Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet side effects  (Read 3333 times)

sadielouise78

Elleste Duet side effects
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:29:49 PM »

Hi. I've been taking Elleste Duet for nearly two months now and whilst it seems to have helped sort out the horrible night sweats, sleep issues and mood swings, I'm having what I think are side effects. I know I will have a monthly bleed whilst on the white tablets but it's lasting all of 16 days white tablets and into the green ones and my boobs are like rocks. It's so painful just to take my bra off on a night and just knocking them on something can also cause great pain. I'm also really spotty whilst on the white ones. Are all these normal? I'm wondering if it's worth taking them any more? Thanks, Sarah

aspie65

Re: Elleste Duet side effects
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »

If you are unhappy I'd go back to your doctor and explore some other options esp oestrogel which seems to have a lot less PMT symptoms associated with it.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM sadielouise78

Elleste has the tougher progesterone, so can be the most difficult to tolerate. I'd ask to try Femoston next but there are many options to try and it's trial and error till you find the one that suits you.
Look under TREATMENTS on this site to get clued up - print the info off to show the GP as this can help. DG x

josie1970

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 10:37:39 AM »

Hi
I started Estelle Duo six days ago and the side effects are too much for me. Intense headaches and extreme tiredness. I am thinking of stopping tomorrow as I don't think the side effects should be this extreme and not a good sign.  My GP is useless so i know when i go back she'll just say that it's not the drugs it's me. So, i may have to see a private doctor who can maybe be more considerate??

sadielouise78

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »

Hi everyone.  Thanks for your replies.  Yes I think I am going to have to go back to the doctors about them as I am now on day 23 and still bleeding on and off.  I've also had a really nagging headache for the past week which nothing is shifting.  I'm well into the green tablets now and just feel a bit naff about it all.  Josie 1970, I feel your pain with the headaches.  I suffer with migraines anyway and try a whole variety of different drugs to try and shift them.  Sometimes nothing works until I find the right cause (migraine, sinuses, hayfever etc) and sometimes it's just down to the weather.  I have also been doing a lot of sleeping, especially on a weekend.  I hope you get it sorted.

jenjog

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 12:21:01 PM »

Certainly sounds like it doesn't suit you. I've been on it for three months, I get a bit of breast pain just before period but it's not so bad. I feel much better on it apart from I'm always tired although I was before I started it. Hope you get it all sorted. :)