Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Had to stop the HRT again..what next?  (Read 1287 times)

Jenlou

Had to stop the HRT again..what next?
« on: February 27, 2018, 09:14:24 PM »

Hello,

I have been given a referral to gyny and I am seeing my oncology gyny in three weeks but I am feeling a little at a loss where to go for decent advice as my docs are not being very helpful.

I had my ovaries and tubes removed in August and started Femoston 1/10mg in October (ish).  I went back to the doc after the first couple of months with aches/pains and brain fog so she upped my dose to 2/10mg.  After the first two weeks I had a sudden onset of fatigue and an aural migraine.  Oh and my bp was up.  Doc told me to stop and we tried patches Evorel 50 (I think).  I had a bad reaction to these as well (sickness, incredible high, sudden low, waves of flushes and palpitations) so they put me back on Femoston 1/10mg and wrote to the hospital for advice as there is no longer a meno clinic.  They also checked my vit d and I was deficient so have been loaded up.

In the last two weeks though (another 3 months in) the fatigue has been getting much worse, like someone is standing on my chest, and the headaches have gone weird.  So I went to the doc yesterday feeling desperate.  My bp is still high and because of the other symptoms she has told me to stop taking it as a couple of months shouldn't do me too much harm.

So help??  Do I have any options?  I am 43 and had to 'promise' my consultant to go on HRT before the surgery.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of that if you have.

aspie65

Re: Had to stop the HRT again..what next?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 05:47:15 PM »

Why does your consultant need you on HRT?  I thought they often wanted women off HRT before surgery.  If it is required then maybe try oestrogel as a last resort.  Sounds like you are having a difficult time, so hugs.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »

Oestrogel with seperate progesterone might be your best option. Do the headaches and fatigue subside when you stop The HRT ? Does your BP go back to normal as well?  There could be other factors going on here.
Why were your ovaries removed?  DG x

Jenlou

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »

Hello.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

My ovaries and tubes were removed as they found borderline tumours.  I am 43 so my consultant wanted me to go on HRT as soon as possible after the surgery as I would then go into surgical menopause and he insisted it was for my bones.

I have only been off the HRT since monday and although I had a nasty headache on weds my head has felt a lot better.  I will get my bp checked next week (just tried this morning but the pharmacy's machine was broken).  I'm hoping the heart pounding pressure in my chest-fatigue will go once I am off the hrt properly and then we can try something else.

I wondered about oestrogel.  I really feel so new to all this and there is so much I don't know about any of it.  Sometimes I just want to bury my head in the sand <self-pity party over here>.

Hoping some of that makes sense.  Brain fog is really kicking in today.

Thanks again.