Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Gynacologist perscribed duphaston (progesterone)  (Read 1780 times)

Peri-wrecked

Gynacologist perscribed duphaston (progesterone)
« on: February 28, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »

Hi All,
I had my follow up appointment with gynacologist today. Its a different doctor I get every time. I was so happy to get a female doctor today. I told her all about my dry skin, dry eyes, dry vagina, tears in vagina if active, mentioned my joint pain during week off low dose birth control and week of commencing new pack. She nodded and reassured. She said all my tests ok etc etc and then she perscribes Duphastan 10mg morning and night from day 5 of cycle. I'm so confused. I ask will it help my symptoms and she says yes. I just dont know anymore about what to do. I dont feel understood or listened to because of my age (35). I'm sad about the whole thing really. Has progesterone only worked for anybody?

Conolly

Re: Gynacologist perscribed duphaston (progesterone)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:53:43 PM »

Hello Peri-wrecked,

I'm sorry you're still struggling with GP's. I can't advise you on progesterone therapy but I know a website called Cemcor from Canada where you can find some good info [size=78%]https://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/[/size] apart from here, of course.

Hope you can sort this out soon!

Conolly X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »

Oh dear, Peri-wrecked - clearly you blood test are not indicating menopause yet.  If your cycle is erratic then the progesterone might help but I really don't see Duphaston making any difference really.

Did you ask her about Qlaira?  I think if you are going to try a different BCP then one of the ones with bio identical oestrogen would be advisable.  Sadly, just because she is a women, this gynaecologist won't be any more clued up than a man.  Was she young? DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 02:48:18 PM »

Have a look-see at the Daisy web-site too.

Could you have a chat with a local Pharmacist, most have private rooms these days.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »

Are you and the gynae in UK? I assume not because Duphaston is not available in this country except as part of Femoston. I can't understand why you would be given this. Is this instead of the CCP? I can imagine why you might need it if you are not peri-menopausal and have heavy bleeding or maybe also in the very early stages to regulate the cycle. You are still very young but if there is any indication that you might be entering the peri-menopausal transition it is very important to monitor and give you oestrogen (with progesterone) but not progesterone alone because at your age you really need to maintain oestrogen levels to protect your future health - notably heart and bones but also a host of other conditions. The progesterone will not help your vaginal dryness either!

What birth control pill have you been on? Mostly the CCP types have high doses of oestrogen so it may not be low oestrogen causing your symptoms? Also what other blood tests have you had and do you have the results eg thyroid function?

Hurdity x

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 02:34:46 PM »

Hi Ladies, I am so sorry I haven't responded to the responsee to my query.  My internet got hit during bad weather and I couldn't respond.
Thank you all for your replies. I dont know what angle the doctor had giving me this medicine as she didnt say much. I felt it was all rushed.
I will however go see my own gp this week as I'm continuing to break out in q rash,/hives....previous post I had. So I will ask my gp for advice. Although he is male, he is good. At first he sent me down anxiety route etc and my own anxiety didnt help things as I wouldn't try anything he suggested. I'm willing to try anything now. I'm into day 3 of period and mother of all headaches........
Just for record, my periods have been extremely light , only last 1-2 daysand then spotting come day 3. They have been that light for a year.
I look forward to the day I come out of this hell. Till then I appreciate all you ladies here for trying to help. It truly is a blessing to have you all here. Thank you