Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help! Stopping Elleste after three months  (Read 1285 times)

Mo98

Help! Stopping Elleste after three months
« on: February 27, 2018, 01:06:16 PM »

Hello everyone
I wonder if you could share your advice or experience with me, I would be so grateful. I started Femoston a few months ago but noticed when it came to the darker pills that I was getting severe cystic acne and very low mood. I spoke to my GP and she changed me to Elleste. I started on the darker ones a few days ago and my face is a total mess already! I am so fed up that I have decided to stop them as of today and try natural methods instead. I wasn't getting flushes, I am 50 yrs old, was experiencing low libido and sleep problems. The only thing the HRT has helped with is the libido, sleep is actually worse and mood not good with the dark pills. Is it ok just to stop seeing as I have only been on them for 3 months? I'm confused there is so much information around it can sometimes be quite scary! Any responses would be so gratefully received xx

Kathleen

Re: Help! Stopping Elleste after three months
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 05:45:59 PM »

Hello Mo98 and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately I can't advise you as I am also confused and have just asked for help on a different matter.

I am sure knowledgeable ladies will be along soon with advice so hang in there!

Take care.

K.

Dancinggirl

Re: Help! Stopping Elleste after three months
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 07:04:35 PM »

Hi Kathleen - you need to try a different HRT. Elleste is the toughest HRT to tolerate.  Look under TREATMENTS on this site.  Take a break first and assess things, write down all the symptoms adn concerns adn then ask to try something like Femoston 1/10 or maybe try some Oestrogel daily  with Utrogestan or Provera for 10-12 days each month - all these HRTs have kinder progesterones that may suit you better.  DG x