Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sandrena gel  (Read 2321 times)

Tinkerbellj

Sandrena gel
« on: February 28, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »

Hi all
My gynae at meno clinic has prescribed ed four sachet of sandrena gel a day after discovering that im not absorbing the oestrogel (only after I asked for bloods to be taken she initally said no way it was low oestrogen and I was depressed) does this sou d like a lot?  My gp was quite shocked she said its a lot. I was on four pumps of oestrogel. Bit concerned now as I have no faith in the meno clinic at all. Three yrs later and still feel no better!!

Hurdity

Re: Sandrena gel
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:09:05 PM »

What were the results of your oestrogen blood levels out of interest?

She has given you a little higher dose of oestrogen with the 4 sachets of Sandrena ( ie 4 mg estradsiol)  - but it is more concentrated. 3 sachets of 1 mg Sandrena contain the same amount of oestrogen as 4 pumps of estrogel (ie 3 mg!). The first step could be just to use 3 sachets and see if you absorb the same amount of oestrogen better from the Sandrena than the estrogel. However if your levels are very low this would explain why the consultant has given you Sandrena because it is easier to go up in dosage with this than the weaker oestrogel.

I have never used oestrogen gel but I presume you spread it not too thinly ie not all the way down your legs etc? it si important to give it time to be absorbed before it dries.

Am I remembering correctly that you had a hysterectomy with ovaries removed too? If so then are you also taking testosterone (an indication that this is low would be lack of libido as well as general lethargy, tiredness, muscle aches etc especially after exercise).

I do hope this starts to work for you soon....

Hurdity x

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »

Hello Tinkerbellj

I use Sandrena and I think it's great stuff! I agree 4 mg does sound like a lot, but my gynae said some of her patients use that much, so you're not alone.
I'm using 1.75 mg and use it on my inner thighs. It's actually not a huge volume of gel and so I'm sure you could use 2 mg on each thigh? I find it's touch dry in 10 minutes but it tends to stay "tacky" up to 20, so I usually do my hair and make up as it dries. Good luck and hope you start to feel better soon.
RR xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »

Great stuff Roadrunner - glad someone who has actually used the stuff can advise properly - I can only talk about the amounts etc!!! :)

Hurdity x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:38:39 PM »

Thanks ladies..hurdity I still have womb and ovaries. Had my last baby at 46 and went straight from pregnancy to meno and have been struggling ever since...three yrs. I did take testosterone but didnt feel any benefit. ..maybe I need to take it for longer xx
Roadrunner yes the sandrena is much easer to use I think less volume and dries quicker. Thanks for the wellwishes will keep u posted xxx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »

Oh and I didnt get a level..just a letter saying it was a bit on the low side especially since I was on  four pumps of oestrogel. !! Will get my gp to check it as it took from  12 dec until yesterday for the  Info to get to the gp to issue the script!