Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Professor studd  (Read 4500 times)

Hilary Olley

Professor studd
« on: February 25, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »

Just putting a warning out there about Professor Studds regime, the after care is awfull, I went to home with menaupausal symptoms but mostly anxiety and panic, he was not only rude but really really condisending, he gave me gels to rub into my legs and testimony gel, he kept using and using the gel squirts until I was on five a day, hormones were up and down like a yo yo, he told me to come of antidepressants not knowing what effect that could have, finally as gels weren't working he decided to put an estrogen and testosterone implant into my tummy, I have had no corespondent with him or his office about check ups or anything in six months, no follow up appointments or anything and the implant has not had any effect, so that's it, be careful also loads and loads of money wasted 😡

renee

Re: Professor studd
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 07:39:36 PM »

Wow...that sounds awful. You must feel like crap!! ☹

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:17:53 PM »

Did he respond to your email enquiry?

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:44:36 PM »

If you are having problems with Professor Studd, why not ask to see either Dr. Mike Savvas or Mr Neale Watson?  I know someone who consulted Dr. Savvas and she said he was extremely helpful, gave her plenty of time and had a much better bedside manner.  Ring Professor Studd's secretary tomorrow and ask to be referred to one or other of them.  Explain how you feel short changed and that you are unhappy with the follow up service.  It's a pity the implant is not working, they are usually very successful. 

Hilary Olley

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 11:08:55 PM »

No way I'm done x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face! because symptoms can hang on a bit ........ if you don't ask, you don't get  ;)

Shadyglade

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »

Six months seems a long time to for the implant to take to work.  As for the anti depressants surely that is between you and your GP?

All sound a bit rum to me :-\

paisley

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 09:09:39 PM »

Hilary
I just wanted to say you are not alone it was exactly the same for me. I went to see him I told him I was very sensitive to hormones & he told me to start on 3 sprays of oestrogel a day. It was far too much for my system & for the first month I felt horrendous. Depression & anxiety through the roof. I kept ringing up & his secretary said it was normal to first feel like this. When I went back & said this wasn't working he wasn't the least bit interested & as you say he was rude & condescending. He said it worked for everyone else & so it should work for me.

Phia

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 10:41:34 AM »

Hi there

Has anyone else had a bad or good experience with Professor Studd?  Would love to know.  Many thanks,  Phia

aspie65

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 11:47:37 AM »

I went to see Studd and was not at all impressed.  I went away and ignored his advice despite how much the appointment had cost me.  I found the whole experience unpleasant and felt he did not listen to me and my particular issues.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:24 PM »

OMG,
He sounds like a right charlatan.
The name in itself would put me off STUDD!!! Really
The NHS may not be perfect, but at least it has accountability for the patient- well most of the time

Tempest

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »

I had an email consultation a good while back. He wrote me a prescription for Utrogestan for 7 days per calendar month alongside my Estrogel, despite me clearly stating in writing that I had no uterus or ovaries.

I queried this with his secretary, who said it was just an error and to disregard. My own opinion is that he is so used to prescribing the same regime to everyone, that it becomes automatic for him....... :o xxxx

SueLW

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »

No better than "one size fits all" then, like the normal GP's. 

Too many patients.  Too little time to think or even too little desire to think anymore.  He seems to whack levels up high for everyone, except for Utrogestan, he pushes that down very low.

Tempest

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 09:10:18 AM »

Yes, Sue. Same regime for everyone. There's nothing 'special' or 'magic' about it. 3 pumps of Estrogel, Utrogestan 7 days PCM and a pea sized blob of Testim daily. xxxx

Snoooze

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 10:44:28 AM »

I had an email consultation a good while back. He wrote me a prescription for Utrogestan for 7 days per calendar month alongside my Estrogel, despite me clearly stating in writing that I had no uterus or ovaries.

I queried this with his secretary, who said it was just an error and to disregard. My own opinion is that he is so used to prescribing the same regime to everyone, that it becomes automatic for him....... :o xxxx

I agree with this. It does seem like he just prescribes the same regime to every woman. 'Money making' in my view.
Pages: [1] 2