Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: FemostonConti 1mg/5mg  (Read 1564 times)

meshach

FemostonConti 1mg/5mg
« on: February 26, 2018, 08:06:34 PM »

Have been taking this for 3 months now and although I am pleased that it has abolished night sweats, improved my mood, abolished various aches and pains, and given me more energy, I am also getting a vaginal discharge (quite light) which- and this is the problem- smells horrible, a sort of musky smell. More noticeable at some times more than others. I presume this is the effect of the progesterone part of the treatment, but has anyone else found this? Not mentioned in the product information. Anyone else had this experience? I noticed one person mentioned it in another post but only in passing. GP did not comment. Am going to contact the manufacturers.

Joaniepat

Re: FemostonConti 1mg/5mg
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »

Hello meshach, welcome to the forum.

Any foul smelling discharge would indicate an infection, possibly bacterial vaginosis. You could try using Multigyn Actigel a couple of times a day for a few days. It stings a bit on application but this wears off. If that doesn't clear it up you should arrange to have a swab taken at your GP surgery.

I am unable to comment on any connection with progesterone as I have no experience of using it. However, the vaginal flora can certainly become unbalanced during menopause, and several members use Actigel now and then to keep the vaginal flora healthy.

JP x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 10:13:41 PM »

meshach - joaniepat is right and she has given you good advice. The vaginal flora can easily get unbalanced, especially when meno hits and sometimes HRT can effect the balance.  HRT should eventually help to maintain a healthier environment in the vaginal area as ti will encourage the natural flora you need.
Using vaginal moisturisers regularly ( SYLK or the YES products) will help the flora balance as well and it can be good to use a vaginal oestrogen treatment( Vagifem) alongside the HRT. The other thing to get is Multi Gyn Actigel (as Joanie mentioned) which you can buy online - Multi Gyn Actigel is very good at restoring the flora balance and preventing BV and thrush from taking hold.  You don't need to use this that often - use it for 3-5 days when this strange discharge happens and maybe once a week to keep things balanced.

Make sure you clean really well after opening your bowels as it's often bacteria from the gut and bowel that will cause infections in the vagina. BV doesn't normally need treatment, as antibiotics will actually make things worse - ABs will kill the good bacteria in your gut - the Multi Gyn is the best treatment.  DG x

meshach

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 06:23:28 PM »

Many thanks, joaniepat and dancing girl for your helpful replies. I'll follow your advice! Idid wonder if I had thrush (candida) as the discharge is whitish. A swab would be useful. Thanks again.