Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cold/flu symptoms  (Read 895 times)

Cider

Cold/flu symptoms
« on: February 24, 2018, 04:18:39 PM »

Hi

I am in peri and I just wondered if anyone else has experienced cold or flu symptoms without actually getting a cold.

Last year for about 2 months I constantly felt like I was about to get a cold. Everyone around me was droping like flies with one bug or another but I just carried on and it never developed into anything. I just congratualed myself on being super healthy and having a great immune system that was fighting everything off. 

Now I am experiencing the same thing again (having bouts of throat, coughing, headaches, but otherwise feeling fine), which has been going on for about two weeks without actually turning into a cold. This time no one around me is particularly ill and I have been having a bit of a rough year, so I have not been as healthy as I was last year.

I just wondered if I am just fighting things off or if this was another whacky peri-symptom that I have.

Anyone else experienced this?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:21:42 PM by Cider »

Daisydot

Re: Cold/flu symptoms
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:25:12 PM »

Hi cider yes I'm usually like that and it never usually amounted to much bu5 not this time I've had a rotten cold for around a week now I thought I'd escaped it as I was getting the odd symptom bu5 nothing full blown till now when everyone else seems fighting fit around me.just take honey lemon and paracetamol that'll help the joint aches too,good luck xx

Cider

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »

Thanks, good to know I am not alone and this might not end up being flu!!

Don't worry, I am loadinf up with the remedies!!  I go away on Monday and I would very much like to not be sick!!

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 05:37:00 PM »

I think we kind of get the aches and headache first then that goes away for a day or two then I started with my tap like dripping nose vey glamorous not lol.
Lie down to it and rest and hopefully it'll pass by Monday and go enjoy yourself regardless just say stuff it it's only a head cold.have fun xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 01:01:23 PM »

You probably have a good immune system in that the body fights a Germ but doesn't actually develop into anything.  Also, allergic rhinitis can become more pronounced during peri..

HORMONES  >:(  ::)