Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT. How long before you felt more normal?  (Read 1316 times)

Menamad

HRT. How long before you felt more normal?
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:24:48 PM »

I'm in week 5 of HRT patches but have felt terrible this last week.  I'm on Femseven Sequi.  Last 2 weeks were the Phase 2 (progesterone replacement).  I thought it would bring on a period after this patch. But nothing so far.

I'm seriously thinking of seeing a private consultant to see if I can perhaps be assessed more thoroughly rather than a 5 minute consultation and being handed a prescription that I hoped would work.

Am I being too impatient? Feeling miserable 😩

Taz2

Re: HRT. How long before you felt more normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 12:28:07 PM »

Hi Menamad. The patch you are on has Norethisterone as the progesterone element and this is well known for causing PMT type symptoms plus depression/low/mood for some (though by all means not all) women. You may find that by around the third month these feelings have gone but if they continue then you may wish to ask for a different type of HRT. If you want a patch then FemSeven has a different progesterone (this is the one I swapped too when the Evorel gave me similar feelings to you) or you can opt for a gel and a separate progesterone. You could also ask for the Mirena coil for the progesterone part and just add in oestrogen.

As for consulting someone privately it may be wise to wait the full three months to see if this HRT works for you rather than spend money you might not need to?

A bleed usually happens within a few days of starting a new pack. Mine was always on day five of the new pack. Hope this helps.

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 12:30:54 PM »

I fully agree with everything Taz has said. DG x

Roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 12:47:36 PM »

Hi Menamad

I've used Femseven Sequi and also didn't really get much of a withdrawal bleed after the first month. If you're feeling rubbish in week 5 i.e. oestrogen only patch it may be that you're getting some pmt (prog withdrawal) even if you're not having a bleed?  Femseven sequi has levonogestrel in it not norethisterone and I got on better with it than I did with norethisterone. Maybe see how you go and if you pick up a bit over the next few days? I think you do have to give HRT a few cycles to "bed in" before you know if it suits you or not. And try not to over think it. Which is so much easier said than done. 
RRxx

Menamad

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 01:52:26 PM »

Blown away by your quick replies and your knowledge, understanding and empathy.  Makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not alone on this absolutely hideous journey.
I've been dragged out for the day by hubby and daughter and I'm breathing slowly and trying to ignore this hideous anxious feeling in my chest.
I may have to consider an anti depressant too.  If I continue to feel like this I might have to hide away forever.