Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evrovel Sequi 50 & Utrogestan  (Read 823 times)

foldie

Evrovel Sequi 50 & Utrogestan
« on: February 23, 2018, 08:33:13 PM »

Dear ladies, I have just started on the Evrovel Sequi 50 - 1st patch today but I really do not fancy the progestin that is in the second phase of the cycle. I had a natter with the doctor and she did not really feel comfortable with prescribing Utrogestan, which is what I was hoping for. She has not prescribed it before so had to research into it and she has misgivings.

The reason I'm keen on Otrogeston is due to its sedating effect (suffering wide-eyed, twitching AND vibrating insomnia) plus I believe the noristerone in the patch causes hair loss.

Has anyone tried this combination and how did you persuade your doctor? Truth be told, I feel a cheeky bugger suggesting to a trained doctor a course of treatment; it's awkward.

Maybe I should just give it a whirl but the idea of a sedating progesterone is lovely.

Thank you.

Hurdity

Re: Evrovel Sequi 50 & Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 08:44:58 AM »

Hi there foldie

The best thing to do is to try it and see. Remember there are hundreds of women out there happily using all the different HRT types and we only see the women with problems on here (or those asking for advice). You may well find that once your oestrogen levels are increased you sleep better anyway but if not as you say there is another combo with utrogestan you can try if this one doesn't do it for you. The advice is to try each HRT type for 3 months to let your body acclimatise and see how you get on. The potential side effects are not experienced by everyone!

Also don't worry about telling your doc what you want - from what you've said she clearly doesn't know much about HRT and many of us on here know more than a lot of GPs about menopause and HRT as they are just that GPs....the open-minded ones are often quite grateful that women know something about it. The others have to be worked on!  ::)

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x

foldie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 09:09:59 PM »

Dear Hurdity,

thank you for your reply. I  really appreciate it.

What a fantastic forum this is -  a safe harbour from the tempest that is menopause. To know there is a place to share information and experiences of what is, I'm discovering, a tricky time is a relief. I've never experienced owt like it.

Anyway, I put the first patch on yesterday and I do feel a tad calmer but something strange happened today. I started garbling at strangers in a supermarket - quite enthusiastically! Also, my period has simmered down. Normally I would be in the heavy stage - 2 days in, but it's seems to have stopped? Would this be down to the estrogen?

Thanks again x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »

Hi foldie - it is very unlikely that adding oestrogen for one day would have any effect on your bleeding and this is most likely to be pure coincidence. Hope you continue to feel better :)

Hurdity x