Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sore nipple  (Read 1215 times)

Flossiemac

Sore nipple
« on: April 19, 2018, 06:27:15 AM »

Hi Ladies

For the past week or so I've had a tender itchy breast and nipple - only on one side. It's driving me crazy. No rash or anything like that.
Any recommendations to help ?
Thanks

JaneinPen

Re: Sore nipple
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:56:58 AM »

Hi flossiemac.  I too have this from time to time perhaps for a week and then it goes. No visible signs of anything amiss so I don't panic about it [my mum died of breast cancer so always a concern). Mentioned it on my last mammo appointment and they said it is quite common.  Just  keep an eye on it to make sure nothing changes

Charys

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 11:58:02 AM »

I am presuming no other changes that concern you here - you know the drill - discharge, inverted, lumps and bumps etc. ?

Here's a thought, I had this once for weeks on my left breast; I eventually found out it was the seam on a lacy bra pushing into the nipple all day. Try wearing a seam-free bra/and/or put a dressing pad (non sticky, just a dry large one or even layers of tissue) over the nipple in the bra.

Worth a try?

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »

I often get itchy nipples drives me insane.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »

I had this and it was down to shampoo/conditioner I think as when I started washing my hair leaning over shower tray it cleared up never to return....had to do that because I had awful VA that was irritated by shampoos etc.

Flossiemac

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »

Thanks ladies
Have checked my breasts no other changes etc. So will see how it feels in a few days.

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »

Agree tinkerbell it's something as simple as a change of shower gel that triggers sore itchy nipples with me too.x

robotwars

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 04:34:28 PM »

I have had this and went to see the breast clinic at the hospital, they recommended using ibrufen gel twice a day for a week, just rub it in.