Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Now what to do re my patches - Hurdity  (Read 1514 times)

Sarai

Now what to do re my patches - Hurdity
« on: February 23, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »

Hurdity you've helped me loads, I've lost track of dates but around the time I was going to change from patches to a Sequi method I decided to cut my present patch in half so I've been on 25mcg since around early January I think.
Touch wood no spotting since, probably will now. I know I should now go back up again to 3/4 but nervous if it starts again the meno dr will have chickens again wanting hysteroscopy etc.
Just rambling really as so unsure, Im content as I am but know I need 50mcg for bones. Quite happy to build back up to 50mcg but oh the dilemma re spotting.

Hurdity

Re: Now what to do re my patches - Hurdity
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:02:43 PM »

Hi there Sarai - I've lost track a bit and wondering what you use for the prog and how often you take it? Presumably you will need less if low dose oestrogen? Or is it Evorel sequi you are using? Or maybe Evorel conti? Why not give it a try and see what happens. If the previous hysteroscopy showed no issues a few months ago they are hardly going to suddenly appear. It is only persistent abnormal bleeding that needs investigation.

Hurdity x

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 03:18:38 PM »

Thanks Hurdity I never ended up changing to a bleed method, just cut my conti patches in half in desperation really. I didn't care about the spotting as it as just monthly, but the hysteroscopy really messed with my body and hormones. I wish I'd kept quiet now.
So far so good. My hysteroscopy didn't show anything because he didn't get enough sample and they wanted me under GA to do another and I refused but he did say he felt sure it was just the hrt.
Maybe I just took longer than normal to settle in on it.
But I know I need to get back up to 50mcg so I think I will try next week to go up to 3/4.

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »

Hasty I've not had my recent dexa results back yet. But my 2016 one I was just osteopaenia despite fractures, so I still believe it was low oestrogen, calcium and vitamin D that did it to me.

Sarai

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:36:30 PM »

I'm back again. Basically I was on 50mcg and got spotting, hysteroscopy no good because sample was not enough. That was at end of October I think. No real spotting after. But I went down to 25mcg because I was anxious but I now know it was CBD oil doing that. So I built back up to 50mcg this last week and the spotting is back.
Does that mean it's like my body thinking it's starting all over again and I need 6 more months or should I go back to 3/4 patch.
Frankly I am so damn miserable with all my other health issues I just don't want messing with more.
Considering writ g to Dr Currie again.