Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Cutting Evrovel Sequi 50 patches in half anyone?  (Read 3373 times)

foldie

Cutting Evrovel Sequi 50 patches in half anyone?
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:38:33 PM »

Hello there, I've recently started the Sequi patches and though I've only been on the first half of the treatment for 6 days, I feel mightily strange.

The estrogen patch has caused dizziness and a swollen stomach. Now that the second patch is about to be replaced, the feelings of otherworldliness are going so I'm wondering if it's a bit too strong for me.
I am aware that in the second patch there is a combination of two hormones. Does anyone know if the hormones are evenly distributed or one is in one half of the patch and t'other in the half?

Cheers all x

Js

Re: Cutting Evrovel Sequi 50 patches in half anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »

Hi

I have been on evorel conti patches for 10 years and I haven't had the symptoms you mention it can take about 3 months for it to  fell the real benefits I would give it a bit longer .i assume your doctor recommended you go on 50 my doctor said you could start on half a patch but again it might take longer for the full effect . If not sure speak to bot or or meno nurse

Js

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »

As Js says - you really need to give it longer for any temporary side effects to settle and your body acclimatise to the HRT. As for your question - yes both the hormones are evenly distributed throughout the patch and although off licence it is fine to cut the patches if you want to start with a lower dose - Dr Currie herself has said this on this website and in the magazine Q/A section a while back.

Hurdity x

Ruby10

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 10:12:05 PM »

Hi Foldie

I am on the same patches I have had my stomach bloated on them but it has settled now . I have been on them for 4 weeks now and they  really helping me with my symptoms of peri . As others say you need to give it time and hopefully thing will settle down , when your body gets used to them .

foldie

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 10:18:36 PM »

Dear Js and Hurdity, thanks for your reply. I will do the month on the 50 dose then cut them back if the bloating and general sense of weirdness does not improve. It's hard to handle day to day interactions feeling like this and I'm a secondary school teacher! That said, it was all going a bit pear shaped before the patches with fluctuations in hormones.

If I didn't work, I would probably feel less anxious about it. It's the absolute need to have 8 hours sleep, in order to function, and a sense of proportion. Ahhhhh!

Thanks again x

foldie

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »

Dear Ruby,

thank you too. It's so reassuring to read your thoughts - need lots of reassurance at the moment too. In fact, I've changed into a wee lass again - insecure and quite changed from what I was a year ago.

I will give it a month for sure. I hope you continue to feel better. Take care x

Ruby10

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 10:42:13 PM »

I felt like that before I was on the patches , I can't cope without them . They are making me feel so much more stable with the hormones and my mood etc and helps me with hot flushes and palpitations . I know we all want things to settle quickly but it does take time.

Js

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 07:11:22 PM »

Hi ladies

Hrt evorel conti patches  the one I'm on seem to better than tablets as they don't go through stomach and so should give you less side affects so do give them a fair trial hrt doesn't suit everyone and there are other forms of hrt patches to try and other dosage . I have found the patches suit me because I can't take tablets well and have found them to be ok and are good stickers too . the real problem for me has  been the night sweats which keep me awake and I really need my sleep so it has helped that . So if after 3 months and still feeling odd or having issues do go back to your doctor. Or meno nurse and see if you can change it

Js