Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mona Lisa Touch and ThermiVa  (Read 5300 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mona Lisa Touch and ThermiVa
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »

I think that by the time a patient presents at surgery with urinary tract infection symptoms, a fresh sample sent to a Lab. will 'grow' !

How are you today?

rebecca

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 07:28:52 PM »

Hi CLKD

Taken Ibuprofen at 15:00 today.  Drinking plenty, got my fingers crossed that it is not another UTI  :-\
Taken some water with lemon in as well.
Thanks
Rebecca

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 02:51:11 PM »

For some reason my grannies recommended 'barley water' - as did my Practice Nurse years later.  Not my favourite flavour but apparently it takes any acidity from the urine. 

My symptoms start in the lower belly which reminds me that  I need to do another 3/4 nights of Ovestin -  maybe use the product more often for 3-4 nights, i.e. two applications.

ouchouch

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 03:47:33 PM »

I have suffered with cystitis for years and if I got a bad infection I was given antibiotics which gave me thrush...
The triggers are normally sex and sex with alcohol its guaranteed  ;)
I have been using a product Waterfall d-Mannose from Sweet Cures and this really helps the cystitis.
Their help/info is great and I take two tablets on the evening before sex and again the next morning and not had any infections for a while.
But
now my menopause symptoms have increased and VA is very bad I have noticed cystitis like aches, just been prescribed Vagifem.
I have over the last 3 yrs used Organic Coconut Oil as a lubricant daily and was slathering it on before sex.  It is very anti bacterial etc I think that has helped also with preventing infections.
Its cheap and natural so feel safe with it but sadly its constant use so hoping the VAgifem is going to help but will still always use the coconut oil as a sex lubricant.
Might help. 

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 04:57:18 PM »

However: many GPs are unaware that vaginal atrophy mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms.  VA treatment is for Life.

rebecca

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »

Hi CLKD....

Just a message of thanks.
I took the Ibuprofen for a couple of days, drank plenty of water with lemon in.
My suspected UTI has subsided, I am so pleased as could not face another round of AB's.   
Another lady on here recommended the Angela Kilmartin book, that arrived today so I shall be reading it tonight!

Thanks again ladies  :foryou:
Rebecca
Pages: 1 [2]