Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: It's that time again  (Read 1085 times)

puddlesmum

It's that time again
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »

Oh I'm really getting fed up with this.  For the last 5 weeks I've enjoyed life. I've started up a new website, posted a good 20 posts to build it up, been inventing recipes for the site, and generally enjoying life (even though I had a little 10 day blip within that), didn't need any therapy at all as felt really well.  Until this week. 

Twitchy knee starts. I think nothing of it and carry on. Then the headaches. Then crying at the drop of a hat. Looking at my period tracker, it's the fertile phase. Now this time last month I pretty much sailed through it.  Then hubby's aunt died.  His mother then pretty much demanded he turn up, now from Essex to Worcester with traffic is about 4 hours, so as his mother bullies him he has to go (he's quite insecure at the moment because of going through cancer and the treatment). We find out the funeral is about midday, so that means early up for both of us (remember he's my carer) he then puts paper down for the dogs, and it means he has to leave at 8am for 1pm, then HAS to go to the after thing because his mum doesn't want to go on her own, and leave at 6, so back home for 10.30pm.  OK for normal people, but I don't like being on my own as I can't walk very far so anything happens I will more than likely fall over and being morbidly obese it'll take a truck to lift me.  I think I'm handling it until Wednesday (the day before the funeral) but nope, I have a massive emotional breakdown. Crying all day, shaking, rocking in my chair. Really OTT for "normal me," but all bought on by hormones. I'm so ashamed of it.

Funeral day, I'm in pieces but he leaves at 8am (he's left me a packed lunch, stuck paper down all over the floor just incase the dogs have an accident), he's put my chair in the kitchen, and one in the conservatory so I don't walk to far. He looks after my wellbeing but hormones have turned me into a wreck.

It's now my birthday (today) and I've still not settled down. As "usual" when it starts it takes about 10 days to calm down. I was supposed to be taking Utrogestan on Wednesday for 7 days, but only managed 3 as the dreams were too nasty I couldn't take it.

All this going on, and my little elderly 15 year old dog is taken really poorly. He can't walk properly at all now so it's clear that I have to now say goodbye to him and it's probably going to be tomorrow. I'm devastated. I'm trying to think positive that it's not cruel as he's clearly got no quality of life anymore, but it's stomach wrenching and making me really upset. Even sat herelooking at him now he's asleep but he'll be in the same position in 10 hours when we go to bed, so it's time, I know it's time, but I just don't want to. I just feel as if I need a cuddle and someone to tell me it's going to be ok. I'm really missing my mum (she's in a dementia care home). But all this seems to feel worse because I'm ovulating. If I were feeling normal I'd be sensible but emotions are really bashing me today. I feel so alone.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:48:25 AM by puddlesmum »

Daisydot

Re: It's that time again
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 11:56:41 AM »

Hi puddlesmum so sorry you sound so overwhelmed right now I feel for you.
When I'm like that my husband says to me right check your watch it's 1 hour 2 hours 3 hours etc out your day you'll get through it just keep clock watching and tick off the hours and before you know it it'll just be another day.it helps me so much.
Your wee dog my heart goes out to you I had to do this 18 months ago my wee darling was 16 and so bad with her heart ,her dementia had her so confused ,her cataracts you name it she had it so I had to make the descision it's not easy no one will say that but it's an act of compassion that you can
do and time does heal I just have happy memories of her now not seeing that poor old thing who struggled daily.youll know when the time is right and try and be brave.Dont make any decisions till this is all over with as it's too much to cope with at once,little steps as they say.thinking of you take care xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »

It is going to be OK but not immediately.

Your little dog is fading.  You can't do any more, if you had millions of pounds it is his time.  "If it should be that I grow old and weak ...... "

You need a plan for when you have to be alone.  Talk together about how can sit with you or pop in at such times.  AgeUK and other charities have people who pop in to keep others company, maybe pursue those lines.  Your GP Surgery, Library or Council Volunteering Beaurau should be able to give advice, as could the MIND Charity.  Forewarned is forearmed!

My Girl couldn't stand, I couldn't live with the look of fear on her face as her back legs gave way to a disc problem.  We have that privilege or letting our fur babies go.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 02:07:08 PM »

I'm so sorry for you for what you have going on.  I can't offer any advice unfortunately but hope that your phase ends pretty damn quick and your little furbaby has a peaceful end when the time comes, nothing can take your hurt away sadly but sending you hugs and best wishes xxxx