Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Lost mirena coil and possible high bp  (Read 1125 times)

Bracken willowshimmer

Lost mirena coil and possible high bp
« on: February 17, 2018, 08:58:18 AM »

Hi ladies

Thought I would write on here as could do with some advice.

I'm 45 and for about three years suffered horrendous anxiety once I was in peri.  I have had a good couple of years with minimum anxiety due to hrt -Everol 50 patches and the mirena coil which has been in two years.

My first problem is that I went this week to my drs to get my next prescription for hrt and my blood pressure was high.  Thought it was white coat syndrome so wasn't too worried.  Dr has asked Me to do home readings for a week.  First reading this morning 137-79.  Dr advised it goes over 135-85 to stop immediately.  They will do 24 hr bp check. 

Second problem, went for smear test and threads to mirena have disappeared.  Dr now saying stop hrt until they know if mirena is in place becausof progesterone.  I am waiting to heat about scan.

Has anyone had this problem with the mirena, what happened and how did they remove it?

Also,  do I just stop the hrt or do I gradually reduce it? What happens if I stop it and get the debilitating anxiety back?

Any thoughts/advice would be great.

Ta xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Lost mirena coil and possible high bp
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 09:13:06 AM »

Hi

Firstly, the Mirena may be in place - the strings sometimes break. It could have dropped out but the scan is a good idea and you could have another fitted. If it has gone up further then they will need to remove this but I can't tell you how
Secondly, you can just stop the oestrogen. You are young so some oestrogen   is advisable till at least 50 to protect your heart and bones for the long term.
As for the blood pressure - hog blood pressure is not a reason for stopping HRT. Medication can be given o control blood pressure but changes in lifestyle would be your best first option.
If you are carrying too much weight, don't exercise etc then these things need to be addressed - not just for the blood pressure but for your long term Health.
Eat regular small, highly nutritious meals with less fat and sugar/carbs and try to do more exercise eg brisk walking, dance classes etc. DG x

Joaniepat

Re: Lost mirena coil and possible high bp
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 09:27:08 AM »

Bracken w, just a thought on taking home readings of BP. I was told to take three readings each time, and either average them or use the best of three. Sit quietly for two or three minutes between readings. My first home reading is always a bit high simply because I am worried that it will be!
JP x