Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Intermittent periods and PMT symptoms on Evorel Sequi  (Read 2564 times)

Bettythecat

Intermittent periods and PMT symptoms on Evorel Sequi
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:32:49 AM »

Hi lovely ladies I'm looking for advice or shared experience please. I'm between months 5 and 6 of Evorel Sequi 50 and didn't have periods after month 3 (which is also when I started to feel like my peri symptoms were responding to the HRT). This week I felt exhausted, crabby and lacking in energy. I had a minor virus two weeks ago so thought it was just that. But yesterday I started what so far seems to be a light bleed but surprisingly I also felt packed full of energy, positivity and good spirit. I realise the week leading up to this has been like the classic full on PMT I used to suffer when I was younger, which only lifts when my bleeding starts. So my question is, is it normal to bleed intermittently? And also should I expect PMT symptoms before the bleed?
Thanks for your advice xxx

Samade

Re: Intermittent periods and PMT symptoms on Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 08:28:59 AM »

Hi Betty
I'm not sure what is normal but I'm sure someone will. I'm at 5-6 months of evorel sequi too and started to feel better after month 3 too. My bleeds are fairly unpredictable too, I had hoped I would sync up with the patches but they haven't yet.

Bettythecat

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 05:45:07 PM »

Thanks Samade
Good to hear that you're at the same place with Evorel Sequi as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is all a good sign for my future on HRT. Hope things carry on well with you too. What were your peri symptoms and have they all responded to the patches?  :)

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:13:32 PM »

I'm only on week 3 of Everel Sequi so no period yet. Can I ask you if fatigue was one of your symptoms and how long was it before you felt better? It's helped with hot flushes and mood (a bit) but not made much difference to the fatigue yet.

Bettythecat

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »

Hi Sheila99
Sorry for the delayed reply but I was away for the weekend. It's hard for me to tell if fatigue is/was a symptom because my broken sleep and long hours at work make me tired and I can't tell the difference. I used to go to the gym or swimming four mornings a week before work and after moving house away from a local gym my routine changed and my energy levels plummeted. Again I don't know if this was a symptom of peri menopause but I went a good couple of years lacking the energy to resume an exercise regime. Since January I'm back in the saddle - literally - and have cycled about fifty miles a week and started my own home workouts. This has helped energy levels and sleep. It's a bit chicken and egg I think. If you feel down and fatigued you're not inspired to do any exercise even though you know it will make you feel better. For me the HRT seems to have given me the friendly kick up the a@se to exercise again  :)

Gio Payne

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 11:29:15 AM »

I am pleased with Evorel Sequi, been on it for 7 months, night sweats practically gone, fatigues eased off and joint pain improved quickly. However the intermittent and unpredictable bleeds are a little of a concern to me, particularly now which seems to happen mid-cyle and the blood is very dark, quite heavy too. Also wanted to ask re.baths, can you have baths or does it affect the patch?
thanks
Gio

Dancing Queen

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 11:48:17 AM »

Ive just swapped from femseven sequi to Evorel..my bleeds were quite unpredictable on femseven so I expect them to probably stay that way. So far I feel good on evorel! Gio I bathe about once a week with patch on (yes I shower in between!) and its usually ok..I try and do it on a Sunday as change day is Monday in case it falls off!