Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Starting Ovestin for viginal dryness but confused about requirement for Progesto  (Read 1625 times)

victoriafc

Hello

Very confused about the whole hormone balance discussion. I am starting a low dose of Estriol for viginal dryness but this will not help with other symptoms of NO libido. I have been reading that using Bioidenticals Progesterone  in cream form may bring all sort of benefits from libido to hair loss!
Is any of this true and do I need to requestt this from the GP?

Tinkerbell

Ovestin is completely safe to use on its own you don't need separate progesterone.
Although from your post I think you are talking about creams that are not prescribed by GP and are available to buy...those make false claims, progesterone won't increase libido, if anything it decreases it.
You may find that you are more interested in sex once you get the VA sorted although many complain of lack of libido during the meno years, something that I fortunately haven't had an issue with.

victoriafc

Thanks for the reply which helps. The more I read the more confusing it gets so its good to have a response. I will take it one step at a time and see how I get on.