Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: love estradiol hate progesterone  (Read 3530 times)

weathergirl

Re: love estradiol hate progesterone
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 09:22:09 PM »

I was also on a low dose patch but would not get a bleed after 8-10 days Progesterone. My experience was that the bleed (in the past, earlier on in my HRT use) generally started 1-3 days after the last progesterone dose.

I've since stopped all HRT as the progesterone did not work for me (tolerability) either vagunally or orally. It simply was not worth it. I can't speak to the PMT. For me it has always been blessed relief after the cycle of progesterone ended and began to clear from my body. Everyone's experience is completely different it would seem.

Daisyduck66

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 10:20:44 PM »

Sorry in advance for the length of this.
I was looking for some advice. A bit of background.

I'm 50. I haven't had a period since I was 37 (low bmi). FSH test contantly showing that I'm not officially Meno.

Stuff started happening. Bed sweats age 45, painful sex 47, then 47 to 49 increasing fatigue, body ache, itching, hair loss, no sleep. Despite FSH my lovely female understanding doctor said it was fine for me to have HRT. I asked her for Evorel 25 patch and Utrogestan 100, so that I could ‘mess around' and see what does what and what works. I learned quickly that Estradiol patch was a life saver and transformed me from a frail aging wreck back to the previous me. The progesterone on the other hand is VILE. Progesterone - Pregnenolone -GABA - might as well just take benzodiazepines for what it's doing to me.

My question is this. How do others deal with this? Can a woman take Estradiol only and pay for private scans of the endometrium? I realise that you can have endometrial cancer without hyperplasia but at least it's something? My Estradiol was incredibly low according to saliva and serum test so if my 25mcg Evorel patches are getting that back to where I was pre meno but still Amenorrhoeic, could this not be a route?

Those of you on long cycle HRT, how much Progesterone do you take and for how long to force a period.

I would really appreciate any advice from ladies who have found themselves in a situation where the Progesterone is a problem

possum

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 03:30:04 AM »

Well, I've got no experience but I do have thoughts...feeling your pain! If cats ruled the world none of this would be happening.

Glad there are generous and wise experienced-women around to advise us cos I am going through the same dilemma as you. Can't quite believe how powerfully hormones affect wellbeing.
Pages: 1 [2]