Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 2903 times)

Lalb1

Confused
« on: February 10, 2018, 03:53:57 PM »

So, over the last few months the weird symptoms have changed month by month, initially in the week before my period I'd get a dodgy tummy with shakes and high temps and dizzy spells. I'd get similar in the days before ovulation too.
Well my periods then changed to being a lot lighter and not as painful (was on pill-Microgynon)
However in December I developed a rash 6 days before my period, itchy on lower arms with hot feelings inside and really achy arm bones. Also noticed temp flew up and I got allergy type symptoms like sneezing, tickly cough. This also happened in January again 6 days before. Saw doc (useless Male) and he said not hormone related. Anyway I was adamant it was, so I stopped pill... this month I've had the same lightheadedness and crashing fatigue, had the allergy type sneezes and the tickly cough and high temp.. but no rash!
So am I right in thinking I was right and in stopping the pill? I feel like I'm confusing myself now? I'm still getting all the usual peri type symptoms I was whilst on the pill. Just not the rash (still getting the aching arm bones though)
Don't know what to do as I'd initially thought I'd go back to doc this month ..😕

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 03:58:04 PM »

Sometimes it can take 3-4 months B4 the body notices any difference as the body doesn't suddenly alter ........ if you have stopped the suggested Pill you will find out if there is a connection.

All kinds of weird and wonderful/not symptoms can occur.  As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: nostrils, eyes, deep in the ears, skin, scalp, vagina as well as muscles become lax = aches and pains  :-\.  Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary might help.

10 mins. prior to a bleed I would get 'the runs' so travelling, visiting was completely out.  I needed a loo immediately.  So gut/bowel problems can definitely be hormone related! 

Lalb1

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 04:15:26 PM »

Yeah I'd noticed in the previous months my nose,eyes,ears and skin become dry. 
I have been keeping a symptom diary for the last 2 years if not longer as before went in the pill I'd have weird pains and cycles.
That's how I knew I was ovulating with gut problems, I'd get very bad cramps and needed a toilet ASAP with no chance of going anywhere,weirdly though that always seemed to happen in the night.
The aches are a new thing in the last 3-4 months and are weird, arm bones and wrists,elbows.
Also finding my eyes feel blurry more.
Just wondering whether to go back to docs or see what else happens? I struggle with the lightheadedness and fatigue part more than anything at work.
Just feeling all confused and fed up of these weird changes happening.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 07:06:32 PM »

Hi Lalb1 - the thing that stands out for me in your post is the fact that you are having episodes of a high temperature. This is not considered a usual part of menopause even though aches and pains are. I would say you need a blood test to determine whether you have an infection of some kind going on. Ask to have your vitamin d level checked too as low levels can cause the type of arm bone ache you describe.

Let us know how you get on and I hope you feel better soon.

Taz x  :hug:

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 07:14:34 PM »

Taz2, I've had every blood test they could think of and nothings shown up?
When I say high temperature I mean as in just higher than normal bodily temp, where I'd normally be cold in the classroom I'm now warm and need to wear short sleeve tops, where I'd normally be cold in bed in long pjs, now I wear vest top and shorts.
I had vit d tests too as I've always had low levels, they were apparently ok, but I take vit d 10,000 once a week just to keep levels ok. The bone aches aren't nice.😦

Lalb1

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 07:16:16 PM »

Taz2 the high temp I'd get before ovulation was always with the dodgy tummy episodes.. and once that was over it would be fine again..
and the temp flying up with the allergy type symptoms is normal with my hay fever/eczema  so I thought it would be with this if for instance like an allergy to hormones(if that makes sense?)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:25:10 PM by Lalb1 »

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 07:26:40 PM »

Is it all the bones or different areas at different times.  Hormones can cause rheumatoid problems, particularly during pregnancy, so stands to reason that perhaps bone pain can be triggered at peri. 

Lalb1

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »

IVE always had trouble with my back after a fall downstairs and a poorly coccyx, but more sciatic aches lately and aches in my arms in the lower part and into wrists and hands.
I did ask if I was liable to be starting with something like rheumatoid arthritis but the doc again said n it couldn't be that. He did tests for RA but came back borderline and he's adamant I'm not suffering enough for to be that.
Doesn't bother me too much rest of the long just ovulation time and week befor period .

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »

Hormonally linked probably.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may develop aches and pains.  For years my wisdom sockets were so painful I was unable to eat: even after extraction: 8-14 days prior to each bleed.  Also, some ladies suffer carpal tunnel syndrome with The Change.

Lalb1

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »

Yeah now you mention it I always get toothache the week before my period.
I think there are so many weird things that happen to our bodies in peri it's crazy and I don't think most docs understand even a half of it.
Yeah had read about carpal tunnel too.
Sure it will all figure out but not liking what's happening to my body. Never been 100% well as have Sarcoidosis and asthma,hay fever, eczema.. but not felt this rough for a long long time. ☹️😭

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 09:58:45 AM »

Taz2, I've had every blood test they could think of and nothings shown up?
When I say high temperature I mean as in just higher than normal bodily temp, where I'd normally be cold in the classroom I'm now warm and need to wear short sleeve tops, where I'd normally be cold in bed in long pjs, now I wear vest top and shorts.
I had vit d tests too as I've always had low levels, they were apparently ok, but I take vit d 10,000 once a week just to keep levels ok. The bone aches aren't nice.😦

It's good you've had the blood tests. The type of higher temperature feelings you describe are typical meno symptoms. I'm sorry I misunderstood the high temperature for fever! The bowel problems with ovulation always happened for me too. Have you considered HRT? Sorry if that's an already answered question but I'm on my phone and it takes ages to scroll around 😁

Taz xx

Lalb1

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 06:45:55 PM »

Hahaha no I think I probably didn't word it quite right.

Have had so many tests bloodswise I felt like a pin cushion for a few weeks.
Yeah ovulation bowel problems were weird, but they haven't happened as much recently- the fatigue and crashing moods replaced them. Then appeared the rash.. it's been one new symptom rolling after another. But yet again the doc isn't convinced!
Now I'm back registered for online appointments I'm going to pick an appointment with (the equally useless) female GP or the nurse practitioner. See if I get any joy with them. Been given loestrin today to try (by the useless male locum)

I'm seriously considering asking to try HRT as I honestly don't know how many more symptoms I can handle.