Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Early impacy of HRT on catastrophising / paranoia  (Read 1464 times)

Tiddles

Early impacy of HRT on catastrophising / paranoia
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:47:37 AM »

Morning ladies

Just wanted to share a positive with you all.  I've been on HRT for a week and a half.  Mixed impact so far - I will report back at the one month mark.  But this morning I realised I had forgotten my nephew's 21st birthday.  I'd sent a card but the fact that it was a big birthday had gone right over my head. Two weeks ago this would have been a catastrophy.  I would have  become paranoid that the family would hate me and talk about me.  But this morning when I realised what I'd done I calmly put it right by contacting my nephew, sending an Amazon e voucher and not catastrophising / beating myself up / feeling guilty / getting paranoid.  It's a big step forward for me and I hope it will give hope to others who suffer with similar symptoms.  Hope you all have a lovely Sunday ! x

Dancinggirl

Re: Early impacy of HRT on catastrophising / paranoia
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 10:47:57 AM »

Tiddles - I think many of us overthink all sorts of things and when meno hits this just goes bonkers!!! Pleased to hear you are already feeling calmer. If things are already better after one week, think how good you will be in 6-8 weeks time. Just be aware that, if you are using sequential HRT, the progesterone phase can bring a bit of PMT for a while - just try to ride this.

HRT can help with all sorts of things but if one is a worrier, then HRT may not be enough - we need to retrain our brains to rationalise things better as well. I would recommend you read ‘Mindfulness' by Mark Williams and Dr. Danny Penman - I think you would find this really interesting and useful - might take you to a whole new level of ‘calm' - I found this really helpful. 
Loved your term ‘catastrophise' - my mother and older sister are masters at this.

Do keep us posted. DG x

Tiddles

Re: Early impacy of HRT on catastrophising / paranoia
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 11:31:12 AM »

Thank you for your encouragement Dancinggirl.  Yes I'm a bit anxious about the progesterone phase but as you suggest, will try and remain relaxed about it.  And I shall certainly have a look at 'Mindfulness' x