Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Craving oestrogen help please😕  (Read 1332 times)

donnacrichton

Craving oestrogen help please😕
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:32:34 PM »

I hope someone can remember a discussion from months ago. It was regarding craving more oestrogen. I have been slowly increasing estradot and was at 150mcg got blood tested and levels were 240. Consultant advised as only getting 3 days out of a patch up dose to 200mcg. Within 3 weeks felt horrendous.  Headache dizzy sick shaking. Took the patch down to 175mcg. Consultant now off sick nightmare only person I trust!  Last few weeks same again but by day 3 I am desperate for the time to change the patch. Burning body sweats headache sore chest feeling ill. I can only describe this like I feel desperate to put a patch on every 2 days now. At work today ready to burst into tears (not a usual occurrence now) I took of a 50mcg patch to see if the desperation for a new patch would increase. Tonight 4 hours later completely calm headache dull now. It was one of the very knowledgeable ladies that had mentioned they had experienced this. I can only assume my body doesn't like it this high. I hope the person who had this happen to them will assure me I'm not mad!

aspie65

Re: Craving oestrogen help please😕
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 08:30:39 AM »

I am no expert but I do remember my GP suggesting I avoid patches as the dose could be higher at first and then tail off.  If this is true it could explain your situation.  Maybe you could try a different method of delivery for your oestrogen ie tablets or gel.

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 06:47:05 PM »

I would also suggest you try Oestrogel (you rub it on your skin).  It is far more dose flexible and gives you far better control of your oestrogel levels.  You can split the dose by 12 hours to keep your levels constant.  I was never able to absorb the oestrogen in the patches and wish I had changed to the gel much sooner.

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:51:26 PM »

Same here switching to Oestrogel was much better for me too I swore I was hitting a blip usually night 2-day 3 so same advice.good luck xx

Heidi1

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »

My consultant suggested that one option is to have a patch and gel. You have a regular lower dose patch and then have an Oestrogen gel to make up the difference - and can control whether you opt for say one or two pumps a day in addition to your patch.  I've not tried that option yet. Still on 75mg Evorel patches - I'm struggling too. Been on then 9 weeks (I'm 11 weeks post complete hysterectomy/oopherectomy). But keep getting bad anxiety and blocked ears /sinus/swallowing issues. Struggling- it's awful. Just been prescribed testosterone low dose gel (discussed elsewhere on this site), which I hope will help (and lots of prayer).

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 06:59:51 PM »

I hope you get some relief soon it is not an easy road . :'(