Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estrogel & Testim Combo  (Read 1877 times)

Millefleur40

Estrogel & Testim Combo
« on: February 10, 2018, 03:22:42 PM »

Hello,
I started on 3 pumps of Estrogel and 1 pea sized blob of Testim (prescription by Prof Stud) at the end of Nov '17. Started to feel I had a bit more energy and not so anxious. Then started the 2nd bottle of Estrogel and I started getting really bad headaches, chest tightness and pain. Prof Studd & Dr Savvas increased my Estrogel to 4 pumps (max dose) and 1/4 tube of Testim per day. Now feeling so edgy, frustrated and agressive, yet really low and depressed. Waves of panic etc. Any advice? I also take Meds for Hashimotos, antidepressants (Venlafaxine) and sleeping pills all long term. All these symptoms and juggling meds is overwhelming me.

aspie65

Re: Estrogel & Testim Combo
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 06:07:57 PM »

Anxiety was always my worst symptom.  Firstly make sure you are getting estrogel not oestrodose as, from what I've read, that can make a real difference in some women.  If that is not the issue talk to your doctor about pregabalin.  It is very good for anxiety and can help with hot flushes and sleep issues.  Sorry you are going through this.

Millefleur40

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:56:23 PM »

Thank you for your response. Ive just checked and box says Oestrodose, chemist label on box says Oestrogel. I panicked and thought I had been prescribed wrong stuff, but Prof Studds prescription said Oestragel on it. Do you have a different brand that is Estrogel?

aspie65

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 08:57:16 AM »

Sorry I don't have an answer to this but if you go back to the home page of the forum section and search for oestrodose you should find a thread that discusses this in more detail.

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 09:11:24 AM »

Hi yes you have oestrodose and not Oestrogel and I've found there's a huge difference in them.the oestrodose is a much thicker gel and sits on the skin longer so doesn't absorb so well as the thinner Oestrogel.its a bit of a battlefield to get the Oestrogel I originally had to buy it online after an online consultation with gp explaining why I didn't want oestrodose.
I then got a prescription from the practice and when I went to collect the chemist had given me oestrodose so I politely explained that I couldn't have that one as my body wasn't absorbing it due to the thickness of the gel,possibly due to fillers but I didn't go into that,the chemist was a lovely man and said he would phone round some other suppliers and try his best to source for me.i left him the original box so there'd be no mistakes and a couple of hours later he called me to collect.I certainly find a difference in my uptake and felt the benefits very quickly it also doesn't smell so boozy as the oestrodose that was making me very nauseous when I was applying.good luck xx

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 09:55:29 AM »

I'm not as good on oestrodose either and after a long investigation where gp and pharmacy were blaming each other it turned out the pharmacy were ordering oestrodose.  I went in with the correct bottle and for the last 3 scripts they've ordered correctly x