Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause...and general illness  (Read 940 times)

Noheroicsplease

Menopause...and general illness
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:18:55 AM »

I'm currently sick AGAIN. This time with bad sore throat and cold. I was sick about about month ago and had the novovirus before Xmas.

Do you think that hormonal imbalance makes you more vulnerable to illness? OR am I just really unlucky this Winter?

Tiddles

Re: Menopause...and general illness
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 08:16:36 AM »

Hi

I don't know what the research indicates but speaking personally, I've been lucky enough to have no colds or ilnesses at all since my peri-menopause symptoms started 3 years ago.  The job I had before retiring a couple of months ago was working with severely disabled children so I was and still am very vigilant about hand washing (the main way these things are spread as I'm sure you know) and avoiding being in the firing line of other people's coughs and sneezes and I think that helps a lot.  Hope you feel better soon x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:41:06 AM »

Not so easy to get out of the firing line of coughs and sneezes when you have kids! Thanks though. x

Tiddles

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »

True ! :'(

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 02:23:48 PM »

Hi ladies after my bragging about how healthy I was I've managed to catch a tummy virus,that'll teach me lol.
I've had the trotts for 24 hours and tummy pinging and popping and pains and sore throat aching body to round it all off.
I soldiered on moaning away then I remembered about kefir milk so hubby went got me some from Asda,I took half a glass,gross as usual,bearing in mind I'd not eaten for two days it seemed even yukier than it usually does,anyway after about 15 mins no more pinging and popping or trotts and pain.ive had a boiled egg which has stayed put for two hours I don't feel so rough and just had a shower and washed hair so I've obviously done something right.goggle kefir milk health benefits it'll surprise you.its in the polish food section in Asda it's fermented milk and I'm a huge fan of it,it'll help your immune system too.get well soon xx