Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Panic  (Read 1040 times)

Hilary Olley

Panic
« on: March 06, 2018, 01:18:06 PM »

Hi does anyone on here get panicky feelings that make you feel ill dizzy and worse in the morning, dirs anyone have bio identical progesterone and estrogen or antidepressants and has it helped ? X

aspie65

Re: Panic
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 03:33:05 PM »

I have epic panic in the mornings.  I read up on it and its all to do with our hormones being out of whack and when our bodies try to wake us they malfunction, so to speak, and give us adrenaline.  This is my worst menopausal symptom and I take oestrogel and utrogestan and an SSRI (escitalopram).  Sometimes even this isn't enough and over the months I was prescribed beta blockers and diazepam.  Neither worked very well for me.  I now have pregabalin which is my life saver for this anxiety.  Hope this helps.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »

It can be cortisol hormone I think.   I have 20mg beta-blocka at night to ease those awful anxiety surges. 

Hilary Olley

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 06:04:23 PM »

Did your dr give you pregablin ?

aspie65

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »

I initially got it from a psychiatrist who my GP knew.  He said that it's use of anxiety is not well known but it is very effective.  My GP is now a big fan having seen it's effect on me and happily prescribes it.  Some GP's may not be aware of this particular use (it is more for epilepsy and pain management) but it is really worth pursuing.