Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Not sure ??  (Read 634 times)

Nellie Noo

Not sure ??
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »

Am peri and just started oestrogen gel and have been given utrogestan . The gp suggested i could try having the gel for 4 weeks ( instead of  2 )  and then have the gel and utrogestan for 2 weeks .. Then I presume have a bleed / period . Does this sound right ??? Is this appropriate during peri ? TIA x

Dancinggirl

Re: Not sure ??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »

I'm not sure that doing a long cycle in the peri meno stage is a good idea - you might get some break through bleeding.  If I were you I'd do the 16 days of gel alone and then 12 days of Utro with gel, as a normal sequential regime would be, for the first 3 months to see if you get a predictable bleed each month.  After that you could stretch to doing 20 days of gel alone and 12 days of Utro and gel, for 3 months, and then gradually extend this to 28 days of gel alone. If you find you get erratic bleeding ( which is what happened to me even though I was post met ) then I would stick with the normal regime of months bleeds.  DG x

Nellie Noo

Re: Not sure ??
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »

Thank you Dancinggirl.. i think i was so pleased with the gp offering me this hrt that i didnt really question why he was suggesting this . I suppose maybe he might have read about some ladies  having problems with utrogestan, but reading what you have just said, seems more sense to me now . Thank you x