Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Nuvelle continuous  (Read 1995 times)

jobunting63

Nuvelle continuous
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »

Hello everyone. After a bit of a battle with the GP I was finally prescribed HRT for the relentless night sweats and hot flushes. I have now been taking it for 6 weeks and after a week the night sweats and hot flushes had gone! I know that side effects can take a while to settle but I have bleed for three weeks, I have very sore boobs and terrible mood swings. I am also gaining weight despite trying hard to lose it. I was under the impression that the lowest dose should be started and wondered if anyone had any experience with the doses. Is this low dose or high? I am booked in with the gp on Monday

Estradiol  2mg Norethisterone 1mg

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:34:49 PM by jobunting63 »

Dotty

Re: Nuvelle continuous
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 07:38:18 AM »

It's a high dose continuous so could be too high. Also have your periods stopped.... was your last period over a yr ago?

jobunting63

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 03:31:06 PM »

Yes my last period had been about a year ago, I thought the dose was high, thanks for your reply 😁

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 03:33:17 PM »

If your last period was less than a year then you might not be ready for a continuous hrt.

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 07:13:37 PM »

I was started on a different brand but 2mg+ 2mg. Like you the flushes went pretty quickly. But also had the same problems with piling on the weight & big heavy boobs although not really tender. I have just reduced to 1mg + .5mg. Feeling much better, although had some rumblings below like a period was brewing.
Only been on these for 2 weeks so early days yet.
I was non the wiser don't know why I was started on such a high dose.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:15:28 PM by suziq99 »

jobunting63

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 06:55:22 PM »

Thanks for the reply's. Went to GP today and she given me a prescription for low dose premique 0.3mg/1.5 mg. hopefully this will have less side effects 😀

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 09:06:54 AM »

Good luck, I'm definitely feeling better in myself. Although just started a very small discharge, it's not even pink really. Guess it could be a break through bleed but there's not much of it...yet... Lol...

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »

Hi jobunting

:welcomemm:

Are you looking for employment or maybe a keen bird-watcher?!

re the HRT - the doc has changed two things at once - both the oestrogen and progestogen - but hopefully you will feel better on this one. If not as Dotty says you might benefit from maintaining a cycle - at least in the first instance - so that you can find a progestogen you are happy with. Some women get side effects (bloating, sore boobs, pms symptoms) that you describe from continuous synthetic progestogens - even different ones. It might have been that rather than the oestrogen causing the side effects.

ANyway - give this one a few weeks and if you feel OK then great - if not come back to us!

Btw - you haven't said how old you are?

Hurdity x