Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hrt and bleeding  (Read 1346 times)

Granny

Hrt and bleeding
« on: February 05, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »

Hello ladies, I'm looking for some advice please. 9 months ago I started Femoston Conti 0.2/2.5 which helped for a short while I didn't bleed at all while on it. I've now been put on Femoston 1/5 and after 3 weeks I've started bleeding and also I've got terrible cramps. Is this normal do you know? Any advice would be appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hrt and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »

:welcomemm:  Hopefully someone will be along to give advice!

Browse round. Put the product into the 'search' box perhaps?

Granny

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 06:51:44 PM »

Does any one know if you up your dosage on Femoston if it will cause a bleed?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 09:35:14 PM »

Hi Granny

Yes, it is highly likely you will get some bleeding from a higher dose of HRT. Conti hrts usually give some bleeding and spotting in the first few weeks or even months.
I think you were on the ultra low dose before and you have basically doubled your dose.
It may a while for things to settle but don't worry at this stage. If the bleeding doesn't calm down and stop in the next 3 months or so then you may need a scan.
I assume you moved to a higher dose because flushes returned? How old are you? When did your natural periods stop? DG x

Granny

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 06:13:15 AM »

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I'm 58 and have been period free for about 7 years. Ultra low dose wasn't helping much, with hot flushes or sleep problems.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 04:15:22 PM »

Stick with the new Femoston - things should hopefully settle over the next few weeks.  Your uterus is playing up and struggling to cope with all the hormones at the moment.  Your body needs time to adjust.
Many women stay with a sequential HRT and put up with monthly bleeds, even well into post meno, because the conti HRTs can be more problematic. DG x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 05:43:43 PM »

Stick with the new Femoston - things should hopefully settle over the next few weeks.  Your uterus is playing up and struggling to cope with all the hormones at the moment.  Your body needs time to adjust.
Many women stay with a sequential HRT and put up with monthly bleeds, even well into post meno, because the conti HRTs can be more problematic. DG x

I went back onto sequi because of constant bleeding while on a conti HRT. A short monthly bleed was much better.

Taz x

Granny

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 06:43:56 PM »

Thank you ladies for your advice, very much appreciated. Xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 08:02:10 PM »

Hi Granny

Just to say

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x :)