Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Back on HRT and feel really bad 😨  (Read 1091 times)

renee

Back on HRT and feel really bad 😨
« on: February 09, 2018, 10:02:28 AM »

Hi ladies,

I came off Tibolone a few months ago, I was getting very painful joints and had read that Tibolone can cause this. Anyway, my joints continued to be very painful so I went back to see my doctor and she looked back my records and noticed I have complained of joint pain for a few years now.....I feel it's worse after housework or holding my grandchildren etc. Doctor thinks I could have arthritis and offered me pain relief etc.

Iv went back on Tibolone as my flushes, vaginal dryness etc has returned. Anyway, Iv been back on it for just over a week but my mood is so low I feel quiet depressed and sleeping a lot. Has any other ladies felt like this when first starting HRT?

I'm struggling to be honest 😨

warwick01

Re: Back on HRT and feel really bad 😨
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:54:28 AM »

Hi Renee

I wouldn't worry it's your body adjusting to Tibolone again. Give it a few weeks and thing should settle.

When I tried Tibolone my joints were really sore. I changed to Angeliq combi and my joints were so much better.

Wx

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 12:17:52 PM »

If the joints aren't swollen I wouldn't worry. I took Tibolone for a few months and my joint pain improved. I am now on Oestrogel and still OK. I was told at the Menopause Clinic that joint pain can be caused by low oestrogen. Tibolone is quite low dose so I wonder if you are getting enough? I would give it a while and see what happens.
JP x

renee

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »

Thanks for your reply Warwick01....Ill defo give Tibolone a few more weeks, Im now wondering if I do have arthritis, that its making my joint pain worse but Ill wait and see.

Initially the Tibolone was prescribed by the gynaecologist at my local hospital. I will keep a note of your one incase Iv got to be re referred.

Thanks again 😊

renee

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 12:25:12 PM »

Hi Joaniepat....I did wonder if it was strong enough for me when I was on it before so I did look online to see if it came in a higher strength but it doesnt.

Its difficult for me as Im also having issues with my thyroid levels and have had to reduce my meds for the first time in years. Symptoms of thyroid probs can be very similiar to some of the meno symptoms. Im getting confused 😐