Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Sore bits and a slicing feeling  (Read 1554 times)

saladgirl

Sore bits and a slicing feeling
« on: February 04, 2018, 09:59:33 PM »

I've been to doc with this just before Xmas and again this week. I'm on vagifem pessaries which help and have been prescribed 10mg amytriptylline which I'm going to take from tomorrow.  It's driving me mad and to tears as they don't know what it is. My gp says it's prob part of the menopause journey but it's driving me to distraction. I also now feel like I need to pooh more often but I get there and it's nothing.  Stomach pain and sweats also  am I going mad or am I alone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sore bits and a slicing feeling
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 10:19:17 PM »

It's The Change.   

Would it be possible that you have a prolapse of some kind? which may well cause the symptoms you feel.

As oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry: nostrils, deep in the ears, eyes, vagina  :o.   Perhaps use the Vagifem twice a day, either morning and night or if possible, put two inside at night, to give an extra layer of preparation to coat the vaginal walls.  Some ladies find that they require it every night!

When my vaginal atrophy is problematic I feel that I need to poo more often and like you, nowt appears  >:(.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Dancinggirl

Re: Sore bits and a slicing feeling
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:20:47 PM »

I have had bowel issues - just like you describe.  I believe it is all atrophy related. Be careful of the Amitriptyline - it can help with sleep and nerve pain but I suspect you need to rest your gut a bit - eat small meals often and stick to simple foods.  Amitriptyline can make you stools hard so do eat enough fibre - cereals , fruit and veg. 

You are very stressed and this will effect you bowels - you do need to try to relax more - do you practise Mindfulness?

When I had these bowel issues, I ended up having a colonoscopy and they found diverticuli (pockets in the lower bowel)  which are very common but they can become infected (Diverticulitis) and this is what had cause the pain.  I didn't have any treatment but I ate very simple food and drank food replacement drinks to allow the gut to recover. Drink enough water - this is very important.

I believe that the gut also suffers from the lack of oestrogen. Try using Vagifem more often for a while and don't forget to use vaginal moisturisers  - although not at the same time as the Vagifem. DG x