Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Back on hrt....phew!!  (Read 923 times)

renee

Back on hrt....phew!!
« on: February 02, 2018, 07:57:55 PM »

Hi folks,

Iv been bothered with oral thrush for a few months (never had it before), im on Tibolone, levothyroxine and nortiptyline for anxiety.

After a round of blood tests to check my thyroid, iron and glucose levels, which were fine my Doc thinks it could be hormonal so adviced me to come off of Tibolone incase Im getting too much oestrogen. Slowly, the thrush is getting better but after being off my HRT for over a month, Iv started them again tonight! I feel awful without it...hot flushes, vaginal dryness, overall feeling of fatigue, sore joints and pretty miserable.

Fingers crossed the oral thrush stays at bay as I cant do without the Tibolone.

😐😐😐

Daisydot

Re: Back on hrt....phew!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »

Maybe try a teaspoon of organic cold pressed coconut oil 3 times daily renee it's anti bacterial and thrush hates it.xx

renee

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 08:22:15 PM »

Thanks Daisydot....is that the oil that comes in a jar (thick consistency). Ill get one tomorrow! 😊

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 08:31:33 PM »

Yes best deals are in Holland and Barrett it's a blueish jar.if you put it in the fridge it solidifies and is harder to take so leave it at room temperature and it'll be runny and easier to take.it has no shelf life keeps for years and I found after the second spoonful my tongue was much cleaner.swirl it around your mouth for a few seconds then swallow.good luck xx

renee

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 08:58:12 PM »

Much appreciated Daisydot.....💕