Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi from a struggling 45 year old  (Read 1987 times)

Ruthb1

Hi from a struggling 45 year old
« on: January 29, 2018, 09:17:32 PM »

Hi

I am a 45 year old and for the past 2 years have been struggling with  menopausal symptoms.  I suffered for a few years with irregular and heavy periods and was diagnosed wuth fibroids and a complex ovarian cyst.  I had a hysteroscopy and ca125 blood test and my cyst dispersed.  I had the mirena coil fitted and told that this would reduce my periods . Yes it has reduced the flow but i still have them and irreguarly and i am feeling so so anxious .i have health  anxiety anyway and I am struggling at the moment my irrational fear of GP, hospitals and any illness terrifies  me . I am having disturbed sleep, night sweats , feel like I am going to explode , palpitations, panic attacks.  I am a member of no more panic and no panic  due to suffering PTSD  and anxiety following a number of health related
Traumas with my partner .  Hoping to find support and any help will be greatly appreciated  xx xx
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:25:47 PM by Ruthb1 »

Taz2

Re: Hi from a struggling 45 year old
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 12:07:15 AM »

Hi Ruthb1.

So sorry you are suffering in this way. You will find lots of help and support on here. Has anyone suggested HRT to you? At your age you would probably benefit from oestrogen which should combat the night sweats and also give protection to your heart and bones.

Have your anxiety symptoms worsened since you have had the Mirena coil fitted? This does not suit all women and two work colleagues have had theirs removed due to developing panic attacks and depression.

Others will be along soon to welcome you and give advice and help.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Ruby10

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 12:41:25 PM »

Hi Ruth1b

Welcome to the group , I have joined recently and find everyone on here so helpful regarding the menopause and treatment .

Hope you settle in and get the advice and help you need.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »

Hi Ruth1b

:welcomemm: Taz has already given you good advice. :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 07:16:40 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.

Are you getting any support following the problems with your partner?

Ruthb1

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 08:59:22 PM »

Thankyou for all your rellplies it really means a lot. Problems with my partner are on going due to him having had 2 hearts attacks and cancer at a the age of 40 and 50  and I have had CBT and counselling in The past  to support me with this.  My symptoms seems to have got worse in the past 6 months and periods are now all over the place, think I need to see my G.P  but this us one of my fears  so going is  a huge step for me.

Jeepers

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 06:03:06 PM »

Hi Ruth1b

So sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time, I know how you feel with the Health Anxiety, I am the same, it is really draining and feels like it takes over your life completely.

I would say to you to keep posting here, it is such a supportive forum, and there are a lot of ladies who give fabulous advice and suggestions, and a sympathetic ear.

Take care

Jeeper xx

Alicea

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 09:33:14 AM »

Hi Ruthb1, I'm another youngish newish one and I haven't a clue what's going on but thought I would say hello. It's a very supportive forum and these ladies know EVERYTHING  :) x

TheWorstWitch

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 03:46:34 PM »

Hey Ruth - you really have been through the mill haven't you. I'm also a member of the fibroids club - do I take it yours have now been removed from what you said? Pesky little things and causes of SOOO much trouble!  ::) The Health Anxiety thing is also horrible - I was rather forced to confront mine last year but it's definitely not entirely cured - any form of operation unless in emergency circumstances is a definite no for me so you have my utter admiration for having the hysteroscopy!

Appreciate it might be difficult but bearing in mind the heavy periods you were having had you had your iron levels checked? if not I'd strongly suggest that you do try to - the symptoms you mention can certainly be menopause related - but they are also nearly all symptoms an anaemia (and probably a lot of other things too) so might be worth getting checked out if you possibly can.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »

Maybe you worry more about your partner's past health problems than he does?  Have you sat down recently and discussed where he 'is at'?