Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Just saying hello...  (Read 1591 times)

Lillychiff

Just saying hello...
« on: February 01, 2018, 08:26:02 PM »

Hello everyone, I've just been diagnosed with vaginal atrophy which seemed to come on really quickly and pretty viciously. I suspect though it may have been brewing for some time. I'm not coping very well,I slipped a disc in August which resulting in a month in bed, having to wean myself off the Valium and morphine I was put on and nerve damage in my leg. I've also got Fibromyalgia which has worsened since I got older. This feels like a step too far! I try my hardest to just get on with things but I have so many complaints that I'm not sure I'd know if I got anything serious!
I said to my dr when I saw him last ,"I know I look alright",to which he replied " yes but your not are you!" . I'm just lost at the moment and despair at ever feeling well again. Can't seem to get out of the spiral. Sorry to introduce myself with a good moan...but it does you good sometimes !
I've had 2 weeks on Ovestin and I'm just as bad ( going back to the dr tomorrow to see if I should be)
I can't believe the state of my undercarriage,like a lot of you ,I've done the mirror trick and was horrified,what the hell happened?!!!! It didn't help that I'd used a illuminated 5 times magnifying mirror I can tell you,not sure I'll ever recover! Pleased I found this forum. Thanks for reading this.

Alicea

Re: Just saying hello...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:33:10 PM »

Hi Lillychiff!
Sounds like you're having a really rough time. Glad your doctor seems to be understanding though!
There's a wealth of knowledge on here (myself not so much!)
Hope you get some relief soon x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »

Oh poor you!

OK - vaginal atrophy comes as a shock to most of us!  4 me it was repeated urine infection-type symptoms but my GP recognised and prescribed appropriate oestrogen for the vagina.  It has to be used regularly and for Life.  By now you should be feeling more relaxed down there, are you using enough?  Maybe use in the morning and over night?  What are the main symptoms down there as some ladies use Sylc or similar on the outer lip area.  Do use the search box to put in the product to get ideas.

As for weaning off Valium - do you need to wean off both at the same time?  Valium when used wisely is a great relaxant as well as anti-anxiety treatment ........... it has kept me alive  ::).  Not had requirement to be prescribed Morphine.

Lillychiff

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »

Thanks for replying. I was put on Valium and morphine after a prolapse disc,as the pain was intense. Hence I had to wean myself off both eventually. I went back to the go today about the VA .It wasn't explained to me before that it could take 3 months or longer. I'm moving onto twice a week now,with instructions to go back in 3 months. At the moment I'm using Sudocrem which is the best I've found so far for soreness and itching. Have you ever felt really dehydrated even though you drink plenty? ( I'm not diabetic) The whole things just getting me down !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »

It will get you down, anything down there can be tiring >sigh<.

I would continue with the Vagifem every night for another 2 weeks or until you begin to get relief.  Some ladies require it every night. Apparently it was 25mg previously and is down to 10?. 

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: nostrils, deep in the ears, skin, vagina  :o, in between the toes, for me it is insteps every night; OK in the day, as soon as I remove socks .......

Also, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Welcome to The Change.  Bugga ........