Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: V sore boobs  (Read 1417 times)

marras

V sore boobs
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »

At age 64 and after over 12 years of horrendous menopausal symptoms with no sign of letting up, I went on HRT patch. Over the last three years things have got considerably better and I have quality of life again. I am now on Estradot 50 mcg plus a little bit making 62 mcg. I still get a couple of hot flushes at night but I can cope with that. My main problem is sore boobs. I'm taking evening primrose oil which is supposed to help but isn't!  I added the extra bit of oestrogen because I was getting about four hot flushes at night which  really disturbed my sleep. Any ideas how I can stop such sore breasts? Many thanks.

Shadyglade

Re: V sore boobs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »

Don't know much about HRT marras  but I have read some where that you should not mix them with certain herbal remedies. I would check with your doctor and perhaps do a Web search in the meantime.

jillyt39

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:43:35 AM »

Hi Marras, starflower capsules worked for me  :)

marras

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »

Thanks Shaydyglade but GP recommended EPO. Thanks Jilly, will have a go with Starflower instead.

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 01:40:27 PM »

When in the bath soak 2 face cloths / flannels in hot water and a few drops of lavender essential oil in a jug, then place a hot flannel over each boob - it's not a solution but provides a little relief from the agony x

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »

Hi marras  can I also suggest if your using under arm deodorants to stop for a week and see if any changes,they absolutely kill my breasts it's like a stabbing soreness I get.good luck xx

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 02:18:08 PM »

My granny's tale used to be a full leaf of cabbage inside your bra when you had sore boobs,I never had the guts to try that one lol.x

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 02:25:39 PM »

I find ibuprofen helps and the right bra.  It is really hard to find one that has straps centring  the middle of the breast and has a natural shape, rather than side support and wide space straps (balconette arrangement) at the moment.  I have two ancient warner ones that are brilliant but dying and am going to try gossard glossies lace.

Snoooze

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »

My granny's tale used to be a full leaf of cabbage inside your bra when you had sore boobs,I never had the guts to try that one lol.x

This was also recommended for when you stop breastfeeding. I used it and it worked brilliantly. You are supposed to use savoy cabbage leaves. Put them in the fridge for 20 mins or so then inside your bra and it takes away the engorgement and soon your boobs are back to normal with no milk. However, it can create a bit of a cabbage smell coming from your bra!

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 08:22:07 PM »

Haha! I'm assuming it is the coolness that helps and cabbage leaf because it's the right shape to cup nicely round boobs  ::)

Re herbal remedies and HRT - it is some of the herbal preparations notably phyto-oestrogens that can interact with oestrogen and other receptors, so are not recommended to mix with HRT - particuarly St John's Wort.  EPO is a plant-derived oil supplement - containing one of the Omega group of fatty acids - so I would say just like taking cod liver oil in a sense - so not to worry about any interference.

EPO was prescribed on NHS in the past (I was prescribed it many years ago for breast pain) but was removed from NICE approval due to insufficient data reagrding efficacy. I did take it but I can't say whether it worked or not!

Hurdity x