Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: A song that takes you back to a happy time in your past  (Read 1878 times)

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
A song that takes you back to a happy time in your past
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:29:17 PM »

I used to go ice skating every Saturday afternoon with my friend Tracey and the song they always seemed to play was "Keep on Loving You" by REO Speedwagon.  We loved it but realised we were singing all the wrong words when we checked out the lyrics in the magazine that came out every week, I think it was called smash hits.  This was around 1980/81.  It always takes me back to that time when I hear it.

Daisydot

Re: A song that takes you back to a happy time in your past
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 10:52:50 PM »

T. rex ride a white swan rod Stewart Maggie may

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 08:05:14 AM »

If you leave me now by Chicago reminds me of a hoiday in the isle of man  15 meeting a boy named Dave from the wirral and it playing when he was going home.......

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »

Sorry I seem to be taking over this thread but songs from the past keep popping into my head.  i can smile at this memory now but at the time it was painful.  1986 my mam had just died I had just turned 20 a horrendous time.  The day after (Sunday) we were in the pub in a fishing village near were we lived then and we were all so subdued and sad so I thought I would put some music on the juke box.  I picked a song that was number one at the time and I really liked it but as soon as it came on I knew it was a mistake I hadnt even thought......"Dont leave me this way"  by the Communards!  I could have died how to make a mood even more sombre and no one could see the funny side it was all still so painful. 

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »

That would be the kind of thing I'd do so brush it off at least you can smile about it now.
Bay city rollers I used to have the tartan braces and stay press trousers and the feather cut hair lol.any of their records now bring the memories flooding back lol

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 06:29:15 PM »

I had a t shirt with them all on.  I wore most Saturdays!

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »

I buy all the 60s 70s 80s and 90s cds from Amazon all original artists and around a fiver for 4 or 5 cds in a pack I stick one on then get the Fitbit on and do my Zumba gold in the living room I don't half rattle up those steps and after 20 mins of that I feel so much better.it really lifts your spirits and lets your mind escape to happier times.(silly old fart 😂)

Alicea

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 09:10:18 PM »

We Can Work It Out by the Beatles ❤️ My parents used to let us use the record player and they had loads of singles, that was my favourite.

Daisydot

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 09:28:25 PM »

Hey Jude my all time Beatles favourite.x

Salad

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »

Pretty much anything 80's when I was out 'clubbing' in Ragamuffins or Cinderellas and Rockerfellas.
Bananarama, Pet Shop Boys, Rick Astley, Ultravox- ahhhh those were the days  :D

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 04:15:40 PM »

The early 80s were my clubbing days.  I always remember a song that was played in a certain night club where I once lived at the end of the night played around 2 am for all those who had a dance partner "This guys in love with you" Herb Albert  Then it was time to go home.....................and fish and chips at the best place in town and walk home 4 miles!  Happy Days

Daisydot

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 11:08:36 PM »

Very romantic I was busy making babies in those days lol no clubbing for me only the pudding club 😂

Bring me Sunshine

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 09:43:04 AM »

Do you know what Daisydot you had your babies in a good era, the 80's!!  No hand held devices, computer games, lots of playing out/imagination you gave them a good era to be born in!!  That won't come again.  Cabbage patch dolls.........?? perhaps not.

My niece was born in 1980 and her favourite song that made her move around was "Hey Mickey"

Mine was "Borderline" by Madonna, not played often on the radio but when I hear it I'm transported back in time...

Daisydot

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 02:49:19 PM »

Your so right it was fishing ice hockey football he man and skeletor lol areobics dance more dance bike rides what a difference now compared to the grandchildren it's ALL technology now and none of the playing and social skills just shout above each other when they do have something to say,sounding like my granny now 😂