Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy  (Read 2269 times)

Pat2121

Hysteroscopy
« on: January 31, 2018, 09:59:28 PM »

Hi all, I'm 67 and am due to have a hysteroscopy for quite a large cervical polyp. I had a vaginal and abdominal ultrasound on Monday. Yesterday the Hospital called and told me the images weren't clear enough and the Consultant wants me to have a hysteroscopy. I'm honestly a bit scared. I'm uncomfortable in that area and have stopped HRT about 4 months ago, so atrophy is suspect. I am hoping that some of you ladies can advise me on what the procedure is and whether I can opt for a general anaesthetic? Will they remove the polyp when they do the hysteroscopy? Thank you in advance.

Stillsearching

Re: Hysteroscopy
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:09:35 PM »

I had a hysteroscopy a few years ago in the same appointment as having a mirena coil fitted. I took ibuprofen beforehand and the procedure was uncomfortable but on a pain scale no worse than a scale and polish at the dentist. I had read that local anaesthetic would be used but when I asked the doctor he said it wouldn't help as the were no nerves in that area. Don't you love it when men think they know what we women can feel? He was wrong. I would think they'll just be taking a specimen from your polyp to test. Just my best guess.Personally I wouldn't want a general. It was over in a few minutes and I drove home.