Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Period while on evorell sequi patches?  (Read 3692 times)

Ruby10

Period while on evorell sequi patches?
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »

I started patches of evorel sequi 2 weeks into my cycle and am on my second week of the patches. I have started my normal period 2 days ago is this normal ? Is it that the patches have to build up over months  to stop my period from coming twice a month? Does this mean I will have another period in 2 weeks when i take the progestrone patches next week?

Taz2

Re: Period while on evorell sequi patches?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »

I think this may have happened because according to the information leaflet it is best to put the first patch on within five days of beginning your period. I'm sure it will even out over the coming months but you will probably get another bleed when you start the new pack of patches. This is due to the withdrawal of the progesterone which is contained in the second two weeks of patches. Hope that makes sense.

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 12:42:19 PM »

Ruby - I believe that if you are still getting periods, then the advice is to start HRT a day or so after you start your natural period - this would then synchronise the HRT with you cycle. Day one of a cycle is the first day of your period I think.  So by starting the patches in the middle of the month, your period has arrived when your body thinks it should and your lining probably needs to shed anyway.
On HRT, you normally get a bleed after finishing the combined patches and are back on the oestrogen only patches - this should be explained in the leaflet. It's called a withdrawal bleed because you have stopped/withdrawn the progesterone.    It may take 2-3 months for your body to settle though.  DG x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »

Just a thought - if you've lost the leaflet you can read it here https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5590.pdf Scroll down to No. 4.

Taz x

Ruby10

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 01:07:44 PM »

Thank you ladies,  I got so confused with the instruction and with all the menopause symptoms, was all over the place and was so desperate to get rid of the symptoms, which they are really helping with . Hoping my body will settle down in  into  a patent after taking the progesterone patches. Thanks Taz2 for the info.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 02:11:44 PM »

You're welcome! Confusion is something most of us know about!  ;D

Taz x

pamb

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 02:55:25 PM »

Hi Ruby10

I had the same problem when I started on these patches.   I started them on 3rd day of my period and I had my own heavy period a couple of days after I'd started on the combined patch.   I then had a lighter withdrawal bleed a couple of days after I'd started the oestrogen only patch.  I'm into my 3rd month on this HRT and my period hasn't synchronized with the HRT yet.  I also think that because I'm peri then my periods are still irregular but hopefully things will settle down eventually.

Good to hear they are helping with your symptoms.

pamb x

Ruby10

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 10:34:27 PM »

An update , I have been given some more evorel 50 patches so I can try keep my cycle in sync and then use the evorel conti in a couple of weeks and hopefully my period will just come once a month . Fingers crossed.

pamb

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 09:33:15 AM »

I suppose it also depends on if your own period was always on time, otherwise you may still find that you have two periods, albeit a lighter withdrawal bleed from the HRT, if your own period starts before the usual 28 days. 

I hate this peri stage as our own hormones are still playing havoc with us - I feel the effects from my own progesterone whilst I'm on the Evorel 50 patch.

pamb x