Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT stomach upset  (Read 6054 times)

luna66

HRT stomach upset
« on: January 31, 2018, 09:51:58 PM »

Hello everyone

I've been on HRT for just over three months now. I'm on 3 pumps of Estrogel per day, utrogestan (100ml) 7 days per month, although that has just been raised by my consultant to 10 days starting next month (tomorrow), one tube of testim per week and 1000 iu of vitamin D per day because I've been diagnosed with osteoporosis.

I had great and very quick results for two months: great sleep, hot flushes and night sweats disappeared, anxiety disappeared, vaginal dryness cleared up, libido back. BUT after two months I started to get an upset stomach: gas, loose stools and low level but persistent stomach ache. I've had this for the last month. In the last week my sleep has also started to worsen: I wake up around 3 in the morning with banging heart. This was my old, pre-HRT pattern.

Anyone had any stomach upsets and do you know what to attribute it to and what I should do about it? And what about the return of sleep problems? I'm feeling quite under the weather with both of these and have a month-long and quite stressful work trip coming up in Mexico and could do with feeling much better than I do at the moment.

Thank you!

luna x

Nellie Noo

Re: HRT stomach upset
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:22:48 AM »

I am suspecting hrt for my upset tummy ... like you said low level tummy ache and out of nowhere ...very loose bowels, which is quite upsetting . At first i thought it might be the progesterone bu this week my  Tummy is a bit sore  and i am the oestrogen patch. Ive done just three months on hrt . Have taken immodium and it tends to pass. 😳

luna66

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 08:00:55 PM »

Hmmm... I'm sorry to hear that. Not good is it?

My stomach has been really bad all day again. It's really getting me down.

Anyone else suffered from this and do you know what caused it? Estrogel? Utrogestan? Testim? Vitamin D?

I read somewhere that someone had split the Estrogen dose into twice daily and I wonder if this might work. Whatever it is, I have to do something as I'm feeling quite unwell and can't put up with this much longer.

Any advice really appreciated!

luna66

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:44:34 PM »

Just bumping this up as I'd love to know if anyone else has had stomach upsets with HRT, and whether they found out what it was down to...

luna66

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:20:40 AM »

So, I've been experimenting a bit with the Oestrogel dose and gone down from 3 pumps to two, and my stomach started to settle almost immediately. So, I guess the higher dose was upsetting my stomach. It was intolerable - got to the point of almost constant pain (like trapped wind stomach cramps), and I went from being constipated to the opposite and back again! Horrible.

I will monitor for a while 'though to see how things continue, but it's a relief to be free of that pain.