Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Query: utrogestan  (Read 1017 times)

luna66

Query: utrogestan
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:45:18 AM »

Hello Everyone

I started my latest 10 day round of utrogestan last night and decided to try the vaginal route (I've been taking it orally so far), as recommended by quite a few of you here.

I just wondered: what's the best way to apply it and where's the best place? I don't have an applicator, which is fine, and just tried to get it as close to my uterus as possible.

Does this sound about right?

Thank you! x

Nellie Noo

Re: Query: utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 11:47:01 AM »

Hi luna66 .... i posted a similar query yesterday ...( i missed your post .) I just wanted reassurance  like you how to apply these tablets. Apparently .. yes you dont need an applicator, and yes place as near to the womb as possible. My gp never mentioned to take it vaginally, but i really want to avoid an upset tum, and any other side effect from taking orally x 

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 06:01:13 PM »

My gynaecologist said it should be placed next to the cervix for maximum effect.  You can do this by using an old thrush cream applicator or similar.   

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 06:02:54 PM »

I just poke 'em up with my finger, as far as they will go - does the job just fine   ::)

Hurdity x

luna66

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 08:42:06 PM »

Brilliant. Thank you folks.

I've just read the thread started by Nellie Noo on this. Seems we were having the same question at the same time!

I'm in the fourth month of HRT and have decided this month to take the utrogestan vaginally. I had a weird stomach upset for most of January -- still haven't worked out what it is (I started another query on this forum about it), but it kicked in just around my last round of utrogestan and persisted all month. It calmed down in the last couple of days. Don't know if it's the hormones, but hoping it's gone now.

Thank you so much for your advice everyone x