Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fav childhood memories  (Read 3571 times)

Alicea

Re: Fav childhood memories
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 06:36:33 PM »

Daisydot - don’t tell me that isn’t more fun than a video game  ;D

Daisydot

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 08:42:11 PM »

Wish I could do that now my bones are so soft everything I do hurts or injures me now.I was like a wee Michelin man then indestructible or just didn't feel it,having too much fun I suppose. ;D

Lanzalover

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »

Going out after breakfast in the holidays and playing with the other children in road .The road we lived in had lots children of various ages and the the four of us all had friends of our age although we did at times all play together thinking about it there must have been more than twenty of in total. We played football, rounders, cricket plus all things we had done at school sports day rode our bikes round the block, made bonfires and a Guy in the October Half term plus games we made up using our imagination. We only went in Mum shouted us in for lunch and then we were back out again oh happy days.

Another was packing the car for holidays as my Mum came from Glasgow every other year we went to Scotland and spent holidays with my Auntie,Uncle and their four children on the coast somewhere,the journey used to take forever as this was pre motorway and as my Dads sense of direction was hopeless we always went round at least three rounderbouts at least twice as he always missed the turn off the four of us used to guess how many
times this would happen I think the most of seven. As we always went in August and at that time new cars were registered that month to pass time the game was to see who could spot the most new cars.
I now know this was try and keep us quiet for some of the journey.

I think I had better stop now or I could be here all day :lol:

Lanzalover

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 04:24:21 PM »

Nice memories.  We didnt have a car so went everywhere on holiday on a coach, the number of times it had to stop as I got travel sick.  Those poor patient other coach passengers.  One year I left my favourite doll "Bonnie" at the B & B, the coach had been going for a short while when I discovered she was missing.  The coach only turned around and went back for her.  The same poor patient passengers trying to get home.  I bet they all saved up for cars after that!!

We too would make a guy every year and would sit it on a cart outside a working mans club near to where we lived.  We made a fortune I remember £1 notes flying around.  We would buy our fireworks from the proceeds.

Daisydot

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »

We used to get sent on the “fresh air fortnight” holidays which were for the poorer children from the tenements.usually to somewhere like Troon or maybole in Scotland,I so hated them they were so regimented.my favourite holiday was a day trip to Saltcoats or ardrossan on the train.that was sheer luxury 😂
Pages: 1 2 [3]