Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Dancing on Ice  (Read 1628 times)

getting_old

Dancing on Ice
« on: January 31, 2018, 04:49:21 PM »

Anyone enjoying the new series? I've been reading loads of negative comments about people not liking the changes.
I'm finding it a bit dull. The routines don't seem to have the spark of previous years.

ellie

Re: Dancing on Ice
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »

Finding it boring. Don't quite know why. The panel doesn't gel either, and although I normally like Phil and Holly, they are getting on my nerves.   Also why do the panel keep voting Lemar back  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 05:51:06 PM »

Never got into it.   However, I think they are all very brave!

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 06:05:53 PM »

I've given up with it. How can Lemar stay in when the athlete (can't remember her name) is voted off by the judges.  She was far better than Lemar.

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 06:08:48 PM »

I can't watch it now since the goalkeeper dropped that professional girl and she bounced her face off the ice it turned my stomach,I'll stick to the safer programmes now lol.

getting_old

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:20:11 PM »

I can't watch it now since the goalkeeper dropped that professional girl and she bounced her face off the ice it turned my stomach,I'll stick to the safer programmes now lol.

Was that on the current series or a previous one? I know one of the pros fell / was dropped and hit the back of her head this week but have no idea who her so called celeb partner is.

getting_old

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 08:25:15 PM »

It definitely doesn't have the spark of the previous series, but it definitely seems to be very contentious, especially with the continual voting for Lemar plus the fact that Donna Air never gets criticised for never skating on her own yet Cheryl Baker comes under constant fire. Have to say I do admire Cheryl for giving it a go. To start skating at 63 takes a lot of guts, and she's definitely trying hard, but I do wonder if she's a victim of her and her partner's popularity as she could stay in for quite some time.
I think the smaller ice surface plus the poor routines, wild lighting effects, random use of props and no set skills means this may be the last series. Such a shame as it used to be great.

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 08:45:35 PM »

That was awayyy back in the beginning lol he was a famous goalkeeper David seaman and Pam O’Connor I just googled it lol it was called the headbanger
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:04:32 PM by Daisydot »

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 10:49:14 PM »

My dog is disappointed. She was fixated by the skating polar bears in the trailer but has no interest at in people skating. She's a collie, I wonder polar bears are honerary sheep.