Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Astrophy, Cystitis, IC......This video helps make sense of it all!  (Read 1328 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Vaginal Astrophy, Cystitis, IC......This video helps make sense of it all!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:27:25 PM »

Thank you.  Very interesting and makes sense. 
I was diagnosed by a urologist as having IC and he did suggest that local oestrogen might help!!! BUT I was sent away with no real advice about how to handle my condition.  He did the cystoscopy - obviously to rule out anything ominous -  I was having continuous UTI symptoms with blood in my urine - but no further treatment was deemed necessary!!! I still have cloudy urine most of the time adn every urine test I have has blood!
I now handle my bladder issues by drinking lots of water, use Vagifem regularly and, when burning starts, I drink water with bicarb 2-3 times a day - so much of what this video is suggesting, I have sort of worked out for myself. The Antihistermine is something I will try more often - I have noticed that when I take a Nytol my bladder is calmer.
I am comfortable most of the time now but it has to be handled adn I doubt the NHS will ever offer the extensive IC treatment, explained in the video, to every women with IC as it would simply cost too much.  BUT, GP could certainly offer better advice and support.  Should local oestrogen treatment be prescribed for all women when meno hits? I personally think it should be AND for the rest of our lives.
DG x

nicolcarrie70

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:12:07 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl,

I just thought it was a really good video for those at the beggining of this VA, UTI or IC journey.  I have been to so many gynaecologists & Urologists but none have explained this clearly!
I am convinced that IC and VA are one of the same but just different severities as both are clearly hormone related.
Like you I use Vagifem and have just started with an antihistamine (Hyroxyzine) and am having positive results, it's definitely calming the bladder and fewer trips to the bathroom🙌🙌.

Jemp

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:36:15 PM »

Has anyone tried thePrelief recommended by the doctor in the video? I see it is available from Amazon but is imported from the US. Is there a U.K. equivalent available? I thought the video was very good- understand what is happening now. Having a bad day today probably through eating/ drinking wrong things!