Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Gp and menopause consultant  (Read 4596 times)

Daisydot

Re: Gp and menopause consultant
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2018, 03:22:05 PM »

They give you one can dotty with 64 squirts in a can so it's depends how many squirts your on.
I'm in two daily so 32 days worth if your on 3 daily it would be approx 21days worth.xx

Dotty

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2018, 03:31:54 PM »

But shouldn't you get 3 months worth on one prescription?

Daisydot

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2018, 03:33:56 PM »

I've only had 2 private prescriptions so far dotty this will be my first nhs prescription so it will be a nice surprise if I get three months worth lol I'll let you know next week.

vickypk

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »

Hi Daisydot
So pleased to hear that you have got your oestrogel, that is great news.  I'm gonna try next week to get my patches, will let you know.
xx

Daisydot

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2018, 04:21:57 PM »

Thank you Vicky fingers crossed eh?? Lol xx

vickypk

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 06:45:01 PM »

Hi Daisydot
Just put in a prescription request for the patches, I'll let you know if I get them xx

Daisydot

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »

Hi vickypk that's great hope your lucky.I went to collect my oesrtrogel from the chemist yesterday and as expected it was oestrodose so I explained to the lovely man I'd been prescribed Oestrogel and I hadn't gotten on as well with the other as it was thicker and my skin didn't absorb so well and I took the box with the correct stuff on it so long story short he said he'd call round the suppliers and try and get it for me,which he very kindly did,so I collected today.
I also put in a request for the estriol cream last night but so far that has not been processed so I may have to continue getting that privately I tried cutting down the vagifem and the estriol cream and it's too soon I felt a bit “nervy” downstairs when I did and uncomfortable again so I'm not going through all that VA again just to prove a point.
Good luck xx

vickypk

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2018, 07:09:27 PM »

Hi Daisydot
Glad you are getting things sorted out.  It's never easy for us getting HRT and the correct type.  I will be surprised if I get the patches.  We shouldn't have to go through this.  Just hope ladies in the future have it a lot easier than us.  I'll try in the chemist tomorrow lol.
xx

vickypk

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2018, 07:20:36 PM »

I still can't believe the new GP/Practice I am under, on my first visit in December he said to stop the HRT and to go on venlafaxin and clonodine.  I will print off the Nice Guidelines and give them to him on my next visit.  Don't think the menopause message is getting through to most GPs.

Daisydot

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2018, 07:21:36 PM »

Oh and they gave me one can not three months.I knew they'd do that x

vickypk

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »

I know they can't make it easy for us!  Be in touch soon.  Sure it can't be that simple for me x

Daisydot

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2018, 08:22:48 PM »

Can you not contact your previous lady gp in London Vicky and explain the situation maybe she'd drop an email to your new gp to support you.its the mental stress he's putting you under that's unforgivable.I hope you find the strength to stand up to him I know it's easier said that done my legs just go to jelly along with my thinking capacity,have you got someone who could go in with you as back up lol it's ridiculous what we have to try and plan out b4 these appointments isn't it.xx

vickypk

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 09:20:53 PM »

Thanks Daisydot.
I have thought of getting in touch with my previous GP in London, and I may still do that, I got on with her really well.  I did say to her before I moved if I would still get the patches okay at the new surgery, she assured me all would be fine.
That's right the past couple of months have been quite bad for me.  I became really depressed and the anxiety came back, as I stopped the HRT for a couple of weeks. With all this I just wanted to move back to London, it made me feel so bad.
My husband will come with me to the next appointment.  I'm not good with doctors and just feel weak with them, especially when I'm told I could have a stroke because of the HRT.  I came out of that appointment a shaking wreck! xx

vickypk

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »

Hi Daisydot
Just went into the chemist and there are 2 months of patches there for me.  I couldn't believe that my new GP signed the prescription for HRT.  Maybe there is hope for me!
xx

Tiddles

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 04:57:32 PM »

It's scandalous how we are being treated !  All the battling, having to travel round the country, pushed around from pilar to post and having to go private for something which is so obviously needed. Anyone would think we were asking for the moon on a plate ! Grrrrr! Sorry ... just needed to get that off my chest ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4